• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

russian *insults*

that's really just not true. Plenty of younger guys survived, they'd pretty much all had the same training as the 30yr olds if they'd been conscripted at outbreak of war.

He probably meant the re-inforcements which included old men and young kids without any combat training or experience at all.

Afaik, the regular German and Russian troops were very well trained units. But their replacements were sometimes not really capable of meeting the expectations.
But I guess that the same thing also applied to US/GB allied troops who had very well trained troops, but the reinforcements were just cannon fodder, and usually didn't last very long in battle.
Due to the pressure of war training was rushed, and shortened to a minimum. So the soldiers who were trained during war usually did not have much survival chances. Those trained before the war were the ones with a lot more experience, and very often much better physical, and mental condition.

Upvote 0
I like the insults, they are funny to listen to it. I kinda wonder what they told those voice actors - here, cuss into the mic?
(Piodory idut... it took me a while to figure out what that voice command was actually saying, because at first I mistook it for some normal "vizju vraga" type line - it just sounds so... typical)

Upvote 0
You don't know very far :(

Nice from you that you cut out the rest of my posting. You are just like FOX news - just post a bit of the post, and you will get it to mean whatever you want it to mean... :(
They were very well trained soldiers man.

The replacements and the soldiers that were recruited during and towards the end of the war were not.

But maybe you would care to enlighten me with your wisdom instead of just throwing in a bash...
Or do you mean that the Russians used masses instead of skilled soldiers? Because yes, they did this too. But they had their good chunk of well trained elite.

Upvote 0
I have no clue how it is really written, but this is how my favorite Russian insult kindof sounds like:

yetibiei shudastanoble It is one of the "I will kill you" messages.
Anyone here got any idea about what it really means? He sounds like he's really going to gut someone very soon :D
I think you mean "ya tebya yescho dostanu, suka" - "I will get you yet, b**ch," so yeah, you're pretty close with your analysis of it.

Upvote 0
Nice from you that you cut out the rest of my posting. You are just like FOX news - just post a bit of the post, and you will get it to mean whatever you want it to mean... :(
They were very well trained soldiers man.

The replacements and the soldiers that were recruited during and towards the end of the war were not.

But maybe you would care to enlighten me with your wisdom instead of just throwing in a bash...
Or do you mean that the Russians used masses instead of skilled soldiers? Because yes, they did this too. But they had their good chunk of well trained elite.

The most conscript guys russian had were at the START of the war, especially in Finland 1940 and 1941 at the start of Operation Barbarossa. But IIRC they werent so much of a conscripts from individual skills but the overall tactics, thou I may be wrong about that.

Upvote 0
The most conscript guys russian had were at the START of the war, especially in Finland 1940 and 1941 at the start of Operation Barbarossa. But IIRC they werent so much of a conscripts from individual skills but the overall tactics, thou I may be wrong about that.

Both armies were the majority conscripts. The Germans did recieve longer training, both at the beginning and end of the war, though at the end of the day the effect this had was actually rather marginal. After the first battle, those who survived were rather equal as veterans and those who didn't, well, didn't. The biggest difference was in tactics/leadership and German doctrines at the beginning of the war were definitely much more well developed, though by the end of the war the Soviets were at least equal to if not greater than depending upon your opinion. This of course was directly the result of the tradgedy of 1937/38. Prior to Stalin's terror, in 1937 the German army would have had a snowball's chance in hell as the Soviets were not only very advanced then in tactics/doctrine but still had the personnel who understood their implementation, not to mention major advantages in material and manpower. All these advantages were essentially lost by the time of Barbarossa and not regained (and even then not in full) until about Kursk.

Upvote 0