• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

On a whim i bought Call of Duty 2...

And automatic healing, so you get shot with a bolt action rifle and get full health after 1-2 seconds :D

Dunno what difficulty you had your settings on, bolt-action rifles usually took me out unless I got hit in an extremity.

I *liked* the regeneration system. Nothing was more annoying in the first game than when you'd barely survive with a sliver of health and then the game auto-saved right as a tank wheeled his turret towards you. You still die with the regen health, especially if you're playing veteran.

And it barely has an effect on multiplayer. They're not going to regenerate between shots, everyone dies just like they did in CoD1 multiplayer, it's just that after a fight is over they don't have to go pick up the magic health kits off enemies (regeneration isn't realistic but magical fix-all health packs are? :O)

Upvote 0
Thing is though, like you said a shot in the arms or legs wasn't an instant kill, so it just shifted the balance in favour of the rapid fire guns IMO because you might as well not use the bolts because with the rapid fire weapons were nearly as accurate as bolts, you can spam so you don't have to worry about the aim so much and you reset the health regen with each shot. This is in multiplayer anyway.

It also meant that you could run around oblivious, get shot by a bolt, hide for a sec to get your health replenshished, then go and investigate and use your uber spray and pray skills to kill the guy.

Also people hardly ever took the bolt rather than the semi-auto because you could shoot like 5 shots as accurately for slightly less damage in the space of time you could shoot 2 from the bolt.

Upvote 0
Thing is though, like you said a shot in the arms or legs wasn't an instant kill, so it just shifted the balance in favour of the rapid fire guns IMO because you might as well not use the bolts because with the rapid fire weapons were nearly as accurate as bolts, you can spam so you don't have to worry about the aim so much and you reset the health regen with each shot. This is in multiplayer anyway.

It also meant that you could run around oblivious, get shot by a bolt, hide for a sec to get your health replenshished, then go and investigate and use your uber spray and pray skills to kill the guy.

Also people hardly ever took the bolt rather than the semi-auto because you could shoot like 5 shots as accurately for slightly less damage in the space of time you could shoot 2 from the bolt.

Appearantly you can empty the Garand in under 2 seconds, accurately...

Upvote 0
Put it this way: the G43 is hugely less powerful than the Kar98.

Even though they fire the same round, and the G43's barrel is all of two inches shorter.

Who said that CoD2 is meant to be realistic? :rolleyes:

No offense lads but in RO forums, you get the idea that:

A) Any unrealistic game is bad.
B) Any realistic game is always the best one
C) If you like unrealistic game, you are automatically treated as an idiot.

Upvote 0
Who said that CoD2 is meant to be realistic? :rolleyes:

I must say after getting thru the single player of COD2, multiplayer was a disappointment. I had better hopes for it when compared to the previous versions. Then, when RO came along, it just made COD2 look lame. If COD2 steered even just a little more towards realism and not so 'consolish' it would be a better game. Except for graphics, it seemed to take a step backward from COD/CODUO. As it stands now it is just a console type shooter with WWII uniforms and weapons skins, set on a European background, nothing really more. That is my opinion.

Upvote 0