• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The return of the deadnades.

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
One thing is bothering me for a while now in the retail, and now that I am bored, I mention it: the dead nades. Or rather the lack thereof.

In the mod everytime you shot a soldier with a primed nade he dropped the primed nade which then exploded and possibly killed some members of his team. In the retail though this doesn't happen anymore or very rarely and under circumstances I am not able to reproduce.

So, for the sake of realism, please bring the deadnades back. Additionally it was always very satisfactory to kill one soldier with a bullet which then caused the indirect death of some of his teammates or even triggering chain reactions: My record were three consecutive dead nades.
Also, from the victims point of view, the chance of unintended TKs is a very strong incentive NOT to charge with a primed nade, and thus reducing the spam a little.

A small addition to this, which would too cut down on the nadespam a little, and wouldn't be so hefty on the scores, would be that kills with nades don't count towards (or against) your score when you were dead when it exploded (similar to tank shots).

Last edited:
One thing is bothering me for a while now in the retail, and now that I am bored, I mention it: the dead nades. Or rather the lack thereof.

In the mod everytime you shot a soldier with a primed nade he dropped the primed nade which then exploded and possibly killed some members of his team. In the retail though this doesn't happen anymore or very rarely and under circumstances I am not able to reproduce.

So, for the sake of realism, please bring the deadnades back. Additionally it was always very satisfactory to kill one soldier with a bullet which then caused the indirect death of some of his teammates or even triggering chain reactions: My record were three consecutive dead nades.
Also, from the victims point of view, the chance of unintended TKs is a very strong incentive NOT to charge with a primed nade, and thus reducing the spam a little.

A small addition to this, which would too cut down on the nadespam a little, and wouldn't be so hefty on the scores, would be that kills with nades don't count towards (or against) your score when you were dead when it exploded (similar to tank shots).

From my experience death grenades exist, they are just buggy. For instance I can kill someone with am unthrown primed grenade but it ends up exploding like 50-100m in some random direction away from his corpse. Very strange.

Upvote 0
From my experience death grenades exist, they are just buggy. For instance I can kill someone with am unthrown primed grenade but it ends up exploding like 50-100m in some random direction away from his corpse. Very strange.

this is to simulate throwing of the nade to get rid of it.
Even a man shot in the hart will chuck a live nade away - its a natural reaction.

Upvote 0
My dead nades only go off after the priming is fully complete. Ive noticed on many occasions that when I was killed at the point of pulling the pin ie half way, the nade will never go off.

But because I felt that I started the process, then I would expect the nade to go off?

Not sure on this one. Anyway I originally thought this thread was about having more dud nades in ROOST...

Upvote 0
I miss them as well, was going to make a topic about it too :)

From what I have experienced, there is deadnades in RO. But they only exist if you die after cooking the nade 3-4 seconds. So that's kinda useless. On the contrary, in the mod days even you pulled the pin 0.2 sec before you die, the bomb exploded. So it was amusing as an MG'er to see 4 infantry get into cover to bomb you, and as one of them is about to throw the bomb you get him and all 4 dies :)

I can't believe how many things we are missing from the mod right now. They need to be brought back immidiately :)

Upvote 0
if you kill a german soldier holding a grenade back for a while you get a deadnade.
the russian grenades dont prime by default, you can hold them as long as you want. so if you kill a russian, no deadnade, unless he let go of the pin to prime, wich in my experience does not happen at all:p
but i agree the mod had much more deadnades. sometimes i think i shouldve gotten a deadnade but then i dont get one, i think if you hold on to your german grenade for 1/2 seconds a deadnade doesnt work

Upvote 0
I intentionally tried to suicide bomb another player with a primed and cooked F1 grenade. He killed me and the grenade did not explode. Bottom line: If you're killed by enemy fire while holding a primed grenade, it will not explode. So I agree with Rattus. It should be changed back to how it was in the mod.

Upvote 0
I've also had people throw nades right next to me on a flat floor and I've survived, without any red, which is REALLY wierd.
And I have been killed by my own nade which I lobbed down(secondary fire), I sprinted away at full speed but still killed myself. It always happens when I'm injured.

But ontopic. I've almost never seen dead nades. When someone shoots a german cooking a nade there is no explosion. Wierd.

Shouldn't the russian nades explode when they drop when the pin is removed(without cooking)?

Upvote 0