• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO might possible have optimization/performance issues...

aimhelix

Aug 10, 2006
I've asked around on another forums that host RO servers with the regulars players there and there seems to be a pattern. We all run pretty fast machines from FX-60's to my AMD 3500+. My computer specs are as follows:

AMD64 3500+
BFG 6600GT 128
2 GB Ram... and before the new 'booster' pack I was able to handle RO at over 60fps++ anytime running at 1280x960. But now, it seems that I can't even get decent framerates anymore on maps like Odessa, Bondarevo running at 1024x768 -no bloom -bo blur -no foliage.. etc. What's going on?

I scanned my PC for all possible viruses, spywares, trojans and I would kill unecessary system process' just to test it out and for some reason I'm having really serious framerate issues. Anyone have this problem?

If you do pls. post your system specs here and hopefully Tripwire can have a look if it's RO with this problem or the client computers. Thanks!

Im having the problem.

Asus 6600GT 256mb pci-e
1 GB ram
Pentium 4 3.06 GHZ

I used to play at 40-50 fps but now its 20-40 (20 in the most demanding situations, 40 normally when not alot is happening on screen)

I run at 1280x1024, 4x Antialiasing, all settings on higher, trilinear filtering on etc.

I tried running on much lower settings but my fps didnt change a bit, so i figured might aswell bump it back up if running lower aint gonna give me better fps.

BTW how would i go about defragging my harddidk, ive never done it before and i might get better fps from doing it.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Zet, I was so frustrated by this that I even reformatted my computer - updated XP - then downloaded Steam RO. So it's basically a fresh install; defragged; scanned and all that. I'm almost definately sure that this is a problem with RO because my brother is also going through the same thing. He's running an FX-55 Chip with a 7800GS and 2 GB of memory; he ran this game easily prior to updatepack at 1600x1200 max textures/effects without choking. Now he can barely play a slideshow running at 1024x768 in some high-action areas of the map.

Upvote 0
Ok I think I have found a quick fix for this -- someone having the same problem please help me out by trying it also.

As Rrralphster suggested, I have rolled back my drivers from the latest official forceware drivers to the version 81.98 version. It seems to have fixed the problems. I played RO with the highest details setting without losing much FPS; however I was unable to connect to a server with very heavy action on a small area of the map but I got to test it out on Odessa, Bondarevo, KonigzPltz, and StalingradKessel. It seems to have helped so keep your fingers crossed that it's a small driver issue because this is one fix that so far has seemed to work.

Upvote 0