• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thread for teamwork/realism lovers

Thread for teamwork/realism lovers

• Increased suppression when away from teammates

Votes: 63 44.7%
  • Wound effects on stamina/aiming and movement.

Votes: 86 61.0%
  • Alternative respawn/reinforcement system

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • More game modes/types - Ie meeting engagent

Votes: 53 37.6%
  • Effective communication

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • Squad system

Votes: 74 52.5%
  • Historical/geo realism

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Weapon realism

Votes: 91 64.5%
  • LImited classes and ammo

Votes: 56 39.7%
  • Other options that is not mentioned: Plz post

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Khain said:
They might not bleed entirely to death but within the space of 15 minutes, if your bleeding fairly significantly your bodies reactions will begin to slow and eventually you'll go into shock, I think trying to represent this in the game would be pretty cool. Also i think that, if anything, the weapon sounds should be increased, or made a bit...tougher because at the moment many of the weapon sounds are a bit...weak

at that moment, you have a wound, big enough, that you will die in a few minutes, you will not be able to fight or move realy much, so your out of action.

bleeding, makes from realism no sence, cause it meas deaht, just slow. and in 90% of the case, your not able to move anymore (pain, stre

Upvote 0
I dont think moderate and severe wounds should be incorporated,
but I would like to have light wounds with light bleeding (no serious bleeding).

The pain and shock from the wound (you actually being hit) would create a suppression blur/fade and your stamina is reduced for about 5-6 seconds.
Then your vision comes back and you can get back into things.

Your wound will still bleed lighty and if you where hit in your hand, your aim will sway abit.
Hit in the legs, knocks you down, and you wount be able to sprint etc.

Offcourse sounds of pain should be played.

Any comments?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
I'd also like "team chat" removed completely from the mod(as an option, not by default).
The only way to chat by text would be all chat, ie, offtopic things or whatever. No team chat at all!
As a soldier you can ONLY use local VOIP. No team-wide VOIP or anything.
Tankers would be able to use local VOIP and tank-wide VOIP(only other tanks will hear this, because they have radios).
For example a turned out commander can yell at infantry below him using local VOIP but to communicate to other tanks he has to use tank-wide VOIP.

Yes, this was one of the main ideas for the mod (see OP)
I wish to introduce 3D Local VoIP only. And add optional team Voip for the servers to choose... So we can have both if some servers like it.

I prefer no Team Voip..

Upvote 0
kabex said:
What about tanks? makes no sense to exclude tank-wide voip.

Im not sure.. I know that alot of the russian tanks didnt have radio... and often had to use hand signals (!!) to communicate (discovery channel as source)
While the germans often had radio contact so they could synch their attacks and such...

I'm not sure if this would unballance the game too much.. Or if we'd just limit the numbers of German armour and let them have vehihcle team chat (all armour commanders can VoIP)....
While the Russians rely on normal local chat... (tanks has to be really close to communicate).. or plan ahead.

Im not sure.. whats you opinion=?

Upvote 0
Teq said:
Im not sure.. I know that alot of the russian tanks didnt have radio... and often had to use hand signals (!!) to communicate (discovery channel as source)
While the germans often had radio contact so they could synch their attacks and such...

I'm not sure if this would unballance the game too much.. Or if we'd just limit the numbers of German armour and let them have vehihcle team chat (all armour commanders can VoIP)....
While the Russians rely on normal local chat... (tanks has to be really close to communicate).. or plan ahead.

Im not sure.. whats you opinion=?
No no no no no.

German tanks should always have radio VOIP which is heard by everyone inside a tank. Russians wouldnt have it in early war maps, though.

And yeah, it'd be cool to have textchat localised, but I still think "allchat" should function the same(everyone on the server can read it).

It's of utmost importance for tanks to be able to communicate throughout the entire map, the tanks that had radios, of course.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
No no no no no.

German tanks should always have radio VOIP which is heard by everyone inside a tank. Russians wouldnt have it in early war maps, though.

And yeah, it'd be cool to have textchat localised, but I still think "allchat" should function the same(everyone on the server can read it).

It's of utmost importance for tanks to be able to communicate throughout the entire map, the tanks that had radios, of course.

Yes.. The crews should allways be able to communicate on a local channel.
Tanks that had radio has Vehicle team Voip.
While non radio tanks, has only Local Voip (with about 100m range)
To simmulate the early war Handsignals by the russians.
Unless its too much coding... I dont know...
I dont mind if both have radio either...

Public chat dont have to be gone.. ppl never talk about tactical matters there anyway...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cmon people!!

If you want your ideas realized, you have to vote and post your ideas.

This is the chance to post your idea without the flamers and disrespectfull people.

If TW decides to make keep RO arcadish, we can always fix what we'd like to see with a mutator or a Mod!

This is no disrespect to TW, it might even help them test out ideas that they might not have resourses for (as I hear rumours that they have only one coDer)

Upvote 0
I think this is a great idea. I've been longing for longer firefights and more realistic squad movement for a long time now.

One thing I'm wondering is how you're going to handle the nadespam. While I think the grenades themselves are modelled totally fine and realistic, there's still the spam. With spam I mean, taking the easy way out. You see an enemy you can't kill with your rifle? Simple, just throw a grenade at him. Instead of using your primary weapon. No skill at all comes in play with that.

It would be nice if grenades would be used much less often in this mod, it would most certainly help firefights. And cover would be so much more useful.

As for your ideas and poll options, heck I like all of them!

Oh by the way:

There is currently another realism mod in the making. Why not join forces with the other realism modders?

I'd also like "team chat" removed completely from the mod(as an option, not by default).

The only way to chat by text would be all chat, ie, offtopic things or whatever. No team chat at all!
Terrible idea, in my opinion. That would go completely against teamwork. Some people just don't have a microphone. They should get one of course, but still. Team chat should stay.

Oh and another thing:

There is currently another realism mod in the making. Why not join forces with the other realism modders? Unless your modding philosophy differs too much of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
I think this is a great idea. I've been longing for longer firefights and more realistic squad movement for a long time now.

One thing I'm wondering is how you're going to handle the nadespam. While I think the grenades themselves are modelled totally fine and realistic, there's still the spam. With spam I mean, taking the easy way out. You see an enemy you can't kill with your rifle? Simple, just throw a grenade at him. Instead of using your primary weapon. No skill at all comes in play with that.

It would be nice if grenades would be used much less often in this mod, it would most certainly help firefights. And cover would be so much more useful.

Oh by the way:

There is currently another realism mod in the making. Why not join forces with the other realism modders?

Terrible idea, in my opinion. That would go completely against teamwork. Some people just don't have a microphone. They should get one of course, but still. Team chat should stay.

Oh and another thing:

There is currently another realism mod in the making. Why not join forces with the other realism modders? Unless your modding philosophy differs too much of course.
No team-chat would be an optional thing for clanmatches and the like, where everyone has VOIP.

Also, what realism mod? There aren't any.

Barbarossa from the 2SS guys was going to be very realistic but it's on hold now, they don't have a team.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Oh by the way:
Nice you like the idea :)

Regarding the nade spam I have currently this suggestion:
1) INcrease the impact sound of the nade so you can hear the "thud" when it lands.
2) Increase the probabillity to survive when you go prone
3) INcrease the suppression blur/fade when a nade explodes and add ringing in the ears.

In this way the nades becomes abit less leathal and more effective for suppression. (as you have to dive and get a heavy suppression blur)
In this way we dont have to limit the use of nades and even better, as the are less leathal people wount use them anywhere unless they are ceirtain it has an effect.

This idea is not absolute, so plz comment.

Regarding VOIP.
I dont think its a priority right now. Unless ofcourse you guys think it is.
The reason is that I wish to implement 3D Local Voip.
This means that you'll hear your voice as it was real life IN GAME.
At a distance your voice will fade etc.
But as Im no coder, I just presume that this will be a very diffcult task.
So lets keep the Team Voip for now, no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
No team-chat would be an optional thing for clanmatches and the like, where everyone has VOIP.

Also, what realism mod? There aren't any.

Barbarossa from the 2SS guys was going to be very realistic but it's on hold now, they don't have a team.

Yes, the Barbarossa mod is the one I meant. Who knows, maybe they want to team up with this here realism mod. Or vice-versa of course. But you're right, a team is needed first.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Yes, the Barbarossa mod is the one I meant. Who knows, maybe they want to team up with this here realism mod. Or vice-versa of course. But you're right, a team is needed first.

I am confident that someone will get inspired by our ideas and help realizing it.
Its just the matter of demand, and PR.
If Ie tripwire sees that there is a thread that has ALOT of people supporting its ideas, the chance is that they listen and help us out..
Or even somebody else.

At the moment it looks like the majority of people here would like Weapon realism over teamplay.
I am abit sad to see that, cause I beleive that kinda request will come in any future game anyway.
Its just a matter of time.
Teamplay on the other hand has never really been simulated.
The current ROO has the same teamplay support as CS!!
Or worse, CS has even made it EASIER to play as a team by adding VoIp icon and Tags.
I hope that people would like to find ideas where fear of death and teamplay is in focus.

Btw: THose who like my ideas should REALLY take alook on battlefronts THEATRE OF WAR. Its the creators of Combatmission AND IL-2 !
It looks absolutely genious:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/index.html

Upvote 0
Sound of war

Sound of war

Here is a few links displaying footage that supports how RO-realismmod should feel like in sound and experience:
Some of theese scenes are quite static..
(The cameraman would probably stop filming and arm him self in tighter situations)
But the essense is there for ya:
- Heavy suppression - Coverfire WILL work
- Fear of death - You'll feel like taking care of your mates.
- Real tactics - Gain fire superiorty, and flank the enemy.
- Longer figths - No rambo's or tons of hero's rushing without fear.

Footage:

Arty suppression >> morale break:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlvLmBvOx8&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aXfR6f6Kfs

Sounds of real war:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbDikIO32Q&mode=related&search=

DUcking behind MG and reload:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68rao5SqxY&mode=related&search=

Other realism oriented ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IES954oFtlYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMPm_bcokS0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
Upvote 0
jedinstven-o crni Wuk said:
it is questionable, if "moral" is realy a realistic effect, in a shoter. Cause, if the game is realy realistic (with the use of the weapons, for example), the moral effect comes from it self, when you get killed all the time, by a mg for example, or not ? :D
I wish it was like this... But on public servers you see that people rush with SMG's without no fear of their lives at all.
People are spread everywhere, ignoring their teamates, just running for the objectives one by one...

The moral effects will simulate the soldiers feeling of getting cut of from their
team
, and will make the player "feel" that he wants to join them.

This is done making an indicator that shows the Fear-level of the character you are playing.
Ie. If you are close to alot of friends the indicator will be green showing that you are less likely to feel suppressed by the enemy fire.

IF it turns red, you know that if you are fired upon, you will suddently hear your heart beat, and your breath is increasing.
If you get shot at, the screen will black/blur heavy, and your movement will be sluggish (like if you fear, your arms are getting heavy etc)

Also, staying too far away from the Team will shut of your Team VoIp.
So you are left all alone with no chance to talk to your friends..
An indicator will also show if you are in range of communication.

The result of this, will be a supreme feel of teamwork and brotherhood.
You will care about your team by staying close to them and they will care for you.
You will spend more shots trying to pin the enemy rather than accurate shots for killing.
You will have to use the 4 F's tactics (find him, fix him, flank him and finish him)

If the enemy is scattered and you are close, the enemy will be "pinned" and and loose their fire supperiourity. In this way they have to retreat, or reinforce their position.

No other FPS game has done this. But most RTS games have done it successfully. We strongly beleive it can be done, with great success :)

The only classes that is LESS affected by the morale is:
Commanders, MG's and snipers.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:

Oh by the way:

Oh and another thing:

i see your point, but when you die you could allways type where that enemy is and BANG! another dead enemy, wich IRL you couldnt have done since your dead ;) so i see their point as well ;)

all these ideas give me a hard-on XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GOOD NEWS::)

An animated demonstration of the Mod/game is in production to show how the gameplay will be like. Ie the consoles, inteface. weapon handling, and the "feeling" in the game.
This will be displayed as soon as we have everything up and running.

We have so far got our hands on a 3D artist, a Texture artist, HTML coder and a mapper.
We might be able to grab a hold on: 2 coders, 2 more 3d artists.
I my self is a sound artist and designer.

We still need:
1 sound artist.
2 3d artists
1 Texture artist
2 map designers
2 coders
10000 supporters ;)

Upvote 0