• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gaming Mouse?

Hey,fellow RO-players.I'am needing some serious help here.
See,I'am planing on join one of the realism clans here on the forums.

My current mouse is the standard one.That came with my keyboard.I'am not wanting to change my keyboard as of right now.
But,as for my mouse-yes indeedy!
It's one of those 3-button wheel-roll mice.
I need some suggestions.On some not so pricey 4-5button Optical gaming mouses.

I noticed that the performance in my Counter-Strike1.6 playing has went down.Due,to my mouse not working well now.

And I surely,don't want to encounter this problem while playing RO!

I'am trying to stay between $30.00-$50.00 for the mouse

This is the best gaming mouse you can get, in my opinion. I've used a ton of mice for games, from all different price ranges, and this is hands down the best one.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

I think I found mine for $50 somewhere if I remember right. Search around on the web... you might find a good deal for it...

A good pair of headphones and a good mouse are the most important things to making someone a better gamer, in my opinion.

Edit: Monxx beat me to it!

Upvote 0
moNxx said:
i would miss the ability too change the dpi ingame ;) and personally i dont like the "feeling" of the copperhead.

moNxx
huh? You can change the DPI while in game and Sensitivity while your at it hehe... ;) ;) Also the Razer mice can be used by left handed players as well, OH and they look cool with the leds :)

I've been using Razer mice since the boomslang and never had any problems, Can't fault it.

I suggest the topic poster google both mice for reviews, that way you will get a better idea of what you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jobe said:
huh? You can change the DPI while in game and Sensitivity while your at it hehe... ;) ;) Also the Razer mice can be used by left handed players as well, OH and they look cool with the leds :)

I've been using Razer mice since the boomslang and never had any problems, Can't fault it.

I suggest the topic poster google both mice for reviews, that way you will get a better idea of what you want.

sorry...but i dont understand what you will say :confused:
and no...im not from england...im from germany ;)

Upvote 0
Jobe said:

I was seriously considering the Razer Diamondback
But,came across 2 complaints at www.newegg.com about the mouse not being located or picked when turning on your pc.Due to the mouse being a usb mouse!

I'd have to get a diamondback or Kruit Razer .The others are out of my budget!
As far as the Razer mouses are concerned.

Upvote 0
ak47granddad said:
I was seriously considering the Razer Diamondback
But,came across 2 complaints at www.newegg.com about the mouse not being located or picked when turning on your pc.Due to the mouse being a usb mouse!

I'd have to get a diamondback or Kruit Razer .The others are out of my budget!
As far as the Razer mouses are concerned.

2 compliants about the DB? I still have my old DB,In fact my Son is using it now and never had a problem with it.. The mouse turns off when the PC is shutdown as it should do.

Its a 1600DPI mouse with 7 buttons and a low profile design, a very cool mouse indeed. If you go ahead and buy one and you are just unlucky with it not working for some strange reason, you can always send it back to be replaced or get a refund ;)

Upvote 0
Granddad..
Well I've bought myself a G5, 57€ in France.

Firstly its not made for left hand mouser's, which I am, but that is not really a problem.

It took me about 15 minutes to map in the buttons.

I have deactivated the dpi + or -, so I now have 8 buttons + scroll up - down.

I have left the mouse dpi at 800 and have set my in-game mouse speed at 7.00

mb1 =fire
mb2=2nd fire
mb3= IS
mb4=reload (this is the only button that I'm having trouble to adapt to).
mb3* tilt L=lean left
mb3* tilt right=lean right
dpi+=jump
dpi-=prone
mw up= weapon+
mw down= weapon -

If you can work out the mapping / profile scheme, this is a Good Gaming Mouse.

Anyhow, I was pretty hot for the Copperback but stuck with the Devil I know !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jobe said:
2 compliants about the DB? I still have my old DB,In fact my Son is using it now and never had a problem with it.. The mouse turns off when the PC is shutdown as it should do.

Its a 1600DPI mouse with 7 buttons and a low profile design, a very cool mouse indeed. If you go ahead and buy one and you are just unlucky with it not working for some strange reason, you can always send it back to be replaced or get a refund ;)

This was a newer diamondback I think.I'll check.

Upvote 0