• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Attack - Defend maps...a constant problem.

Harry S. Truman

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2006
I see a problem with many attack/defend defend maps. The mappers always seem to place the spawn point far behind the objective you are supposed to defend.

In reality, should the defenders START at the defend point and THEN have to move up to it to reinforce it? Can you not make the initial spawn at the defended area and move it back for the rest of the game? I just briefly toyed with the SDK, but this seemed possible to me.

ExoCet-NAW said:
yes that is possible and has been in some maps, A one time Spawn point for the begining of the map then the spawn moves back to the secondary and so on.

Kurland Kessel is sort of this way, even though the Germans spawn a little far back, by the time the Russians blow the wire, the Germans are in defensive possition. But I agree, for defenders, they should have a one time spawn on the objective they are defending, like Basovka for example.

Upvote 0