• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get up n' RUN !!!

DrJimSok

Mar 19, 2006
I'm wondering if it would make sense to speed up the transition to standing and running from prone and crouching. Many times, I see a grenade coming, but even though I try to run right away, end up getting killed anyway, since the transition to running takes so long. Does speeding up this transition make sense?? I think one would be pretty motivated to run ASAP when you have a grenade landing near you !!!

I think it's fast enough... in fact, I feel the whole movement system could use a drop in speed. Not much, but rather add more feeling of weight (more like the mod). Getting up is quite ok as it is, but moving around feels too easy and too fast - you can zig zag while running at full speed...

If they make getting up even easier, it would be like every other shooter. This is suppose to be a bit like real life (though the MOD was closer to that)... in real life I guess many soldiers have seen their death coming, and not beeing able to do anything about it. You can think a lot in a short time... the mind works fast... the body doesn't always keep up.

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
I don't know, you have to remember you probably got a bit of a load on your back.

Best bet is to yell 'Grenade' to help warn and save your buddies and then kiss your own a** goodbye. :D

Ain't that the truth! I've yet to escape a nade while prone. I can get up and running but it's never far enough.

I've also caught myself a couple times trying to pick up a nade thrown at me... old DoD habit...

Upvote 0
DrJimSok said:
I'm wondering if it would make sense to speed up the transition to standing and running from prone and crouching. Many times, I see a grenade coming, but even though I try to run right away, end up getting killed anyway, since the transition to running takes so long. Does speeding up this transition make sense?? I think one would be pretty motivated to run ASAP when you have a grenade landing near you !!!

Well the problem is the faster you make player movement, the more it becomes like CS or other FPS games.

Upvote 0
BobCobb said:
Have you ever carried a rifle, ammo, MG ammo, and a large pack in combat for several hours, after a long march on little sleep? Then whilst prone, have a grenade thrown at you and try to escape. It is easier said than done. The system is fine as is.

No but I have been working all day. Didn't sleep the night before much (too much partying) and then had an idiot co-worker blow up something. All I know is I was able to move away from that idiot by jumping over a pile of dish racks stacked up about 4 1/2 feet high, they were 5 feet long, and I was about 5 feet away. I was able to leap over all of that in a single bound. Sudden fear can make a superman out of all of us. I've got to believe a grenade landing next to me is gonna cause a little more fright the I experienced that day.

Upvote 0
Torax said:
I think it's fast enough... in fact, I feel the whole movement system could use a drop in speed. Not much, but rather add more feeling of weight (more like the mod). Getting up is quite ok as it is, but moving around feels too easy and too fast - you can zig zag while running at full speed....
Same here, i find the movement speed a tad too fast.

Upvote 0