• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Parachuting and the ROMOD summeroffensive mappack

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
I saw a download the other day that said it contained a German Para assault. I was wondering if anyone had gotten these concepts out of the map yet. Or if it was even a true paradrop. Do I have to have the old editor to open these mod maps and remove all the items like the forum says or can I at least open them in my roost editor and look around. wondering If someone could pull out the Parachuting concepts and put them into a new roost map. This would be a great addition to ROOST.

http://www.fileplanet.com/155246/150000/fileinfo/Red-Orchestra---Summer-Offensive-Map-Pack-%5BEXE%5D

Historically.

I may ask one of the more gifted coders to help me do a map reliving the Sov Night-time drop near Dofinovka in 1941.

Or I may try whining at the RedStarBlackCross guys to agree to us doing it as a future project.;)

I don't actually know of any axis drops on the Eastern front - which says nothing about whether there actually were any but speaks volumes about my ignorance of axis operations.

Upvote 0
A custom map from the MOD called IronAnnie used paratroopers in a pretty cool way, though unrealistic.

Have a look at that one.

The truth of the matter is that, for the most part, Paratroopers weren't supposed to DROP into combat. They weren't holding their rifles in their hands or anything...

Considering that RO is supposed to be more based on "realism," I would suggest you simply put some broken gliders and discarded parachutes in the Paratrooper's initial spawn zone. That would suffice to represent that they had landed there a few minutes ago and used the intervening time to form up and prepare for combat.

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
A custom map from the MOD called IronAnnie used paratroopers in a pretty cool way, though unrealistic.

Have a look at that one.

The truth of the matter is that, for the most part, Paratroopers weren't supposed to DROP into combat. They weren't holding their rifles in their hands or anything...

Considering that RO is supposed to be more based on "realism," I would suggest you simply put some broken gliders and discarded parachutes in the Paratrooper's initial spawn zone. That would suffice to represent that they had landed there a few minutes ago and used the intervening time to form up and prepare for combat.

What about my question though, Do I have to open the mod map up in a different editor than ROED and do all of that conversion stuff?
Paradrops with advancing Spawns would be interesting for a large map though. If the Russians had to run to defend against a German Paradrop. Its not so much the Scenario of the paradrop that I was looking at but the action of the drop.

Upvote 0