• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rakowice, why does hardly anyone play this map or others?

Stiler

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
TN
So i've been gone for a bit from playing Ostfront, but when I first bought it and played I loooooooved this map, easily my favorite probally. Then there was the one other map that was snow based also, set around that long bridge, it made for an excellent rifle/sniper map and I haven't seen anyone playing it hardly either.

So now that I've came back I have yet to play one single round on either map. Everyone is always playing Arad/Orel/Kessel/odessa usually, if i'm lucky maybe hedgehog.

Is there a reason people stopped playing these maps? I thought they were some of the best/most fun to play on.

I thought the same thing about Moscowhighway and people stopped playing that one aswell :(.

At least people play the excellent Snowy forest map (my new favorite). I get tired of odessa/arad/kessel over and over and over and over.

Stiler said:
So i've been gone for a bit from playing Ostfront, but when I first bought it and played I loooooooved this map, easily my favorite probally. Then there was the one other map that was snow based also, set around that long bridge, it made for an excellent rifle/sniper map and I haven't seen anyone playing it hardly either.

So now that I've came back I have yet to play one single round on either map. Everyone is always playing Arad/Orel/Kessel/odessa usually, if i'm lucky maybe hedgehog.

Is there a reason people stopped playing these maps? I thought they were some of the best/most fun to play on.

I thought the same thing about Moscowhighway and people stopped playing that one aswell :(.

At least people play the excellent Snowy forest map (my new favorite). I get tired of odessa/arad/kessel over and over and over and over.
This is the problem with the voting system. Damn democracy lol. I think that you should either make it so the last 5 maps cant be voted for or just have a set rotation.

Upvote 0
I love Rakowice, it's very detailed and it looks fantastic.

I think the problem with it is that it's too huge for having only 16 players(including 3-4 tankers) on each team. The objectives are all over the place. On top of that, every single foot soldier is a "special" class. So you end up with a team made of 1 commander, 1 sniper, 1 MG, 2 sapper, 2 tank hunter, 1 automatic rifle, 2 assault, and 2 rifleman. It works on a tight map with clear objectives like Konigsplatz or even Hedgehog, but not here. There seem to be little to no teamwork and everyone on both teams scatter all over the map trying to do "their thing". It's also easy to get way behind enemy lines unnoticed since there is no real "front".

I would love to see a smaller, infantry only Rakowice map, without all the open terrain around the edges which is used mostly by tanks.

Upvote 0
Here here stiler I was just complaining about the same thing. The other map is Barashka. Map voting is driving me crazy, so I have been playing Orel on an Orel only server. If I have to play Odessa again I will cry. THe map voting hting does need restrictions if possbile. SOmething where no map can be played more than 3 times without a full rotation of maps.

Upvote 0
We have map voting ON, its polite. That way your guests on the server can choose maps ( and so they stay :) ). Of course we use ventrillo too, that way if the map they choose is a stinker or they are being rude then block voting is the way to go :D :D . On the whole though we play all the stock maps and a few custom ones. Our view has always been that if you can't provide what the public want, they will go elsewhere. Simple really.

Upvote 0
I can tell you exactly why this map and other good maps are hardly ever played. And the reason is so stupid its sick. when it all comes down to it people are sheep! they follow what everyone else does. if you want to play this map you need to hurry and vote for it first and it will get votes. people tend to vote for what others vote for. That and alot of the newer players just dont know what it is and they vote for what they know. the few maps that get played over and over again. IE odessa and arad. Personaly i would like to see the vote system changed so people cant see what others vote for. wouldnt hurt the voting system at all and we would get alot more randomness to the maps that are played and the votes would be more based on what people want to play and not everyone trying to fit in and vote for what others have voted for. Basicly in the end it all comes down to people are stupid and refuse to think for themself. BAaaHHHH stupid sheep.

Upvote 0