• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Optional sight hood for k98

Optional sight hood for k98

• Yes, its essential

Votes: 129 60.3%
  • I'm happy with a permenant fixed hood :0)

Votes: 85 39.7%

• Total voters
I beleive it is something to get used to.
For muslim ladies in burka it might be perfectly ok to wear it, cause its allways been like that.. .
Ofcourse untill they meet a topless sister on the beach....ehem

But anyways I beleive there are more important features to adress in the game atm.
But Id love a game that pushes details and feeds the will of the ppl!

Upvote 0
What about the site hood being randomally set when you spawn? It could be dependant on the map and year of the map. Like if there were more site hoods early and less in the later years for example.

I feel safe saying that during that time I'm pretty sure your typical german soldier couldn't get his rifle and say "Can I get with without the site hood?"

I think you got what you got and that was it. Plus I own a Yugo Mauser and it took me forever to get that site hood off even with modern tools. I dont think you could easily take one off out in the feild, but I've only done it with my rifle so I'm not an expert, maybe it was actually really easy and mine is just weird.

But still, I think it would be interesting to have both, so what about having it spawn random?

Upvote 0
Isaak Johnson said:
What about the site hood being randomally set when you spawn? It could be dependant on the map and year of the map. Like if there were more site hoods early and less in the later years for example.

I feel safe saying that during that time I'm pretty sure your typical german soldier couldn't get his rifle and say "Can I get with without the site hood?"

I think you got what you got and that was it. Plus I own a Yugo Mauser and it took me forever to get that site hood off even with modern tools. I dont think you could easily take one off out in the feild, but I've only done it with my rifle so I'm not an expert, maybe it was actually really easy and mine is just weird.

But still, I think it would be interesting to have both, so what about having it spawn random?

No because if a real soldier wanted a rifle without a sight hood it probably wouldnt be hard to make that so from either getting it off himself or picking a sightless rifle off a dead comrade.

Upvote 0
That would not be posible kaner it was a bad idea to "replace" your weapon in the german army.

I Dont Get the hole Idea of lests remove it becuse it was not there...

Well it was it was saposed to be there -now not all rifles had them and still others lost them but it was standerd equipment sence december 1939 (though few where made with the hoods durring 1940 becuse it was left to the manufacures for implmentation).

Upvote 0
For all those people in favour of randon hood on/off

if I am Mr fritz, and before the battle I wanted my hoodless k98 to have a hood, whats stopping me going to Mr Otto and asking to have his hood because he doesn't want it?

Or if Mr fritz is issued one that doesn't come with a hood, can't he trade his rifle with Mr Otto?

Hood sights should be optional

Upvote 0
Nebfer said:
That would not be posible kaner it was a bad idea to "replace" your weapon in the german army.

Please elaborate that. I know soldiers did it, I read various occurences of it.

Plus, the fact that they were on and off only strengthens my argument. It wasnt on all mausers in the war, I personally dont want one, so whats the problem?

Im not alone in the real world either. Everybody I know that owns or collects mausers doesnt want the sight hood. Its ugly and a hindrance in our opinion. Of course thats not everyone but I believe we as the players should have the option.

Upvote 0
you hade to acount for your weapon so if it went missing you could be intruble.

Now if you replaced your K-98 with another K-98 you probly wont get into truble. If you replaced it with a PPSH you will be. (unless you still had your k98)

The weapon you got was your resonisility to keep track of...

though there was of corse a diffrence between policy and real life however...

Upvote 0
this thread will not die!

nono.jpg

Upvote 0