• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the germans need this on orel

karl stiner said:
the germans badly need a mobil radio to call arty on the orel map, and all big tanks maps the sd.kfz.223 fits the bill it can drive ahead of my [SIZE=-1] Kamfgruppe stiner and look for trouble.[/SIZE]:Dand report all [SIZE=-1]Movement[/SIZE] of the enemy look here http://www.nkrmodels.com.au/icm-421.jpg

Yeah, screw balance.

Upvote 0
I agree with Karl, that the Germans need something like the Sd.Kfz 222 or Sd.Kfz 223. It's been suggested by a number of different people on different threads

I believe that about 1,700 in the series (221 / 222 / 223) were produced until production was stopped in early 1944. And yes, they were effective machines. So much so, according to Wikipedia, "One captured Sd Kfz 222 was transferred to GAZ for examination and analysis on September 7, 1941. The first prototype was tested on January 9, 1942". The amour design is so similar and the Russian design post-dates the 221 by about 6 years.

The Germans need the SdKfz 222 / 223 to bring some balance back to the game. Or the BA-64 needs to be removed. I'd rather have both vehicles, seeing as the Russians tanks still have a big speed advantage over the Germans.

As for whether or not these recce vehicles should have have the ability to call in arty is another matter. At least the 223 did have the powerful radios and aerial array to actually do the job.

Upvote 0
Thinking about it, I'd love the 222 with the 20mm cannon. Then I could let rip into the BA-64. It takes too long to kill one with MG fire at the moment. But it shouldn't take the 20mm cannon long to turn it into an armored colander.

PS. I've stolen the "armored colander" phrase from a Tom Sharpe book

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
sounds fun. why not? it's what the russians should be using the clown car for, instead of the suicide satchel rubbish.
yes this is true the other night there was a clown car on orel, and it must of told his team mates where we were heading becasue a few sec later i see 4 t34s waiting for us :pthey can use the clown car to scout:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Recce said:
I agree with Karl, that the Germans need something like the Sd.Kfz 222 or Sd.Kfz 223. It's been suggested by a number of different people on different threads

I believe that about 1,700 in the series (221 / 222 / 223) were produced until production was stopped in early 1944. And yes, they were effective machines. So much so, according to Wikipedia, "One captured Sd Kfz 222 was transferred to GAZ for examination and analysis on September 7, 1941. The first prototype was tested on January 9, 1942". The amour design is so similar and the Russian design post-dates the 221 by about 6 years.

The Germans need the SdKfz 222 / 223 to bring some balance back to the game. Or the BA-64 needs to be removed. I'd rather have both vehicles, seeing as the Russians tanks still have a big speed advantage over the Germans.

As for whether or not these recce vehicles should have have the ability to call in arty is another matter. At least the 223 did have the powerful radios and aerial array to actually do the job.
you are dead right Recce ;) i agree:D

Upvote 0