• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Ship

Its not easy to port because the only thing that's portable is code, and even then not all of it. They had to make new maps, new player models, reformat or completely redo the audio to fit with the new audio system, and I doubt its a 100% port. There are bound to be some changes just as there are changes in any update.

Upvote 0
Kurt Naake said:
Do I need anything else to buy in order to play this game? Like Hl2?

Or can I just get it for $20?
The Ship is a standalone game. You don't need any other game in order to run it.

Also, this $15 ($20) will be for the multiplayer and arcade style single player (basically multiplayer but with bots). There will be a seperate "story mode" released later for $10 via Steam, but this will be more towards 2007 before its release.

At that time, it will be released in stores for roughly $30-$35 and contain both the multiplayer and single player story mode in one package. Steam users who buy the multiplayer now, won't have to buy the story mode single player, but if they do it will still be cheaper than retail and contain the same content.

Upvote 0
Kurt Naake said:
Do I need anything else to buy in order to play this game? Like Hl2?

Or can I just get it for $20?

No, you don't need any other games, but you will need Steam.:)

Myzko said:
It's on the Unreal 2.5 engine, and not the Source engine.

I think he meant that RO was mod before. The Ship is not straight port over from Goldsource engine (HL1). It has lot more like RO had lot more than the mod has.

Upvote 0