• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Show Kills In The Scoreboard Too

<animal>FUR

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 21, 2006
Long Island, NewYork
While I think that points (caps10 + kills1) are definitely more important and player rank on the scoreboard should still be sorted by points, I think it would be nice to see a column for kills.
Why?
Here's one reason. If a player decides to defend a captured position from recap, He can be a great asset to the team and if he fends off 10 attackers, then (pointwise) it looks as though he was just part of a capture. A kills column would at least let him and the rest of the players know how many people he had fended off.

Here's another reason. If a player starts off on the attacking team, scores a bunch of captures, and then switches over to the defending team chances are, he will look allot better then his new teammates scorewise. At least players would know that his points didn't all come from kills if there was a kills column and it didn

Wouldn't the real military also keep track of soldiers refusing to follow orders...

So say in Basovka/Odessa/Kauk for example when people sit back and shoot when the are supposed to attack (assuming the order from the command was to attack the cap zones and secure them) ..

Yes, maybe the real military keeps track of kills, but if somebody outright refuses to to even try to follow an order, sitting back trying to "get kills" while ordered to advance, I'm sure there would be disciplinary action.

And yes, the military would keep record of disciplinary action.

They shouldn't add a column for kills. But maybe a good idea would be to add a column for all the people that don't enter the cap zone on the attacking side at all during a map. Or a total time spent in cap zones column.

Upvote 0
[VFD]HH said:
Wouldn't the real military also keep track of soldiers refusing to follow orders...

So say in Basovka/Odessa/Kauk for example when people sit back and shoot when the are supposed to attack (assuming the order from the command was to attack the cap zones and secure them) ..

Yes, maybe the real military keeps track of kills, but if somebody outright refuses to to even try to follow an order, sitting back trying to "get kills" while ordered to advance, I'm sure there would be disciplinary action.

And yes, the military would keep record of disciplinary action.

They shouldn't add a column for kills. But maybe a good idea would be to add a column for all the people that don't enter the cap zone on the attacking side at all during a map. Or a total time spent in cap zones column.

I think the potential problem of tracking ones refusal to follow orders would be that of well what if the commander is a total fool? or what if the 'commander' shoulda been a private? Like many classes that of commander is often obtained through the luck of the draw.

Upvote 0
SiC-Disaster said:
to me this game isnt really about the kills, more so about the teamwork and capturing the area.. the enemy is just in the way, thats all:D the ragdolls rock ass though, i need to see someone crumble once in a while ^^

and who ever really needs "fraggs" - well, happy counting to him^^

... if i sit in the tiger gun and defend an area, i start counting the tanks i killed, but only then :rolleyes:

this would be really anyoing if you sit somewhere and try to cover somebody, who maybe would take a area and there is nobody to cover and also nobody who covers you while trying to take it cause everybody goes mad on pushing their fragging stats - i often saw that in BF2 :(

Upvote 0
Maybe do the opposite, and have a column for the number of caps you were involved with? That would effectively show both how many kills you had (approximately, rather than a specific number) and would encourage people to try and cap things, as it would show on the scoreboard how many caps they had.
You could work out a vague number of kills by taking away all the points for caps from the total, as it should give an approximate numbers (excluding tks, MG ammo etc).

Upvote 0
[VFD]HH said:

I really like that Idea. Do you think a "Time spent in a capzone" column would count count defensively too? :)

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
Maybe do the opposite, and have a column for the number of caps you were involved with? That would effectively show both how many kills you had (approximately, rather than a specific number) and would encourage people to try and cap things, as it would show on the scoreboard how many caps they had.
You could work out a vague number of kills by taking away all the points for caps from the total, as it should give an approximate numbers (excluding tks, MG ammo etc).

I like that idea too :D

Upvote 0