• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New M44 - which map(s) is it on?

The_Countess said:
untill they just decide just to shoot you out of hand and take your wallet out of your back pocket themselfs.

i'll stick to living in europe thank you.

(and if i wanted a gun i could get a gun here all i need is a collectors licents or a join a shooting range)

Lol, you've never tried shooting a gun at anything. Shooting a gun out of someone's hand (on purpose) is so hard, I'd call it impossible. It's maybe about the same as doing it on purpose in RO:O. Probably a little harder because people never hold as still in real life as they do in RO (including you.. which makes the shot that much harder).

Especially if you're not very well-trained at shooting. Criminals aren't 99.99999% of the time. Most times, they don't even know what the sights are.

Besides, our guns are in case our government gets too out of line. Any more info you need, just PM me.

Back to the topic.

I think my next rifle might be an M44 or M38, though I just shot a Yugo Mauser at the range Saturday (guy that owned it was interested in buying a Mosin, so I let him try mine), and that was soooo nice.

I just can't decide! I'll have to buy one of each. :D

Upvote 0
skypirate said:
Crooks won't go around running with guns shooting people on the street if they know there's a good chance other civilians are equally armed.
you know damn well thats not what i ment.
most robberys happen in alleys and other out of the way places.
and instead of saying "hand me your wallet" they just pull the trigger on you to prevent you from even having a chance to go "george bush" on him.

Heck, there's even tons of stories of civilians coming to the aid of police officers struggling with overpowering criminals.

But hey, we could pass laws to prevent law abiding civilians from getting guns. The criminals don't care. They don't respect the law anyway.

still... funny how none of this is ever even nessasary in europe.

its too late for you guys to change anything now as your criminals are allready armed to the teeth.
over here thou, having a gun, and aspecialy using one, only draws extra attention to yourself which is something criminals tend to want to avoid.
as a result, most gun crimes in europe are the criminals fighting among themselfs.

{YBBS}Sage said:
Lol, you've never tried shooting a gun at anything. Shooting a gun out of someone's hand (on purpose) is so hard, I'd call it impossible.
ummm i said "shot you out of hand" not shot the gun out of your hand.
as in they just shot you first and not ask any questions at all.

as for guns being for when your goverment gets out of line... thats pretty much BS.
generaly speaking, even since artilary has been invented, the army has a lot bigger guns then the general public, not to mention a shitload of vehicals totaly impervious to anything the general public can get their hands on.
and your goverment getting out of line isnt your problem, they'd need to get and keep the army on their side first.
and i douth they'd be able to do that if they really get out of line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

What happened to the PM I suggested? This is going to get the topic locked for spam/flame/US vs Europe bashing.

Since I'm bored, here's a list of maps that the M44 should be available on.

Arad falls into the date range, but no rifleman class.. would be nice to have 'em for Saper class, though.

(I might screw up and list a map that doesn't have Strelok class, if I do, feel free to correct me.)

Barashka
Hedgehog
Konigsplatz
Odessa
Ogledow
Rakowice

And that's all I see.

Note to Devs, the weapons availability chart in the manual could use an update, since the MP41 and M44 aren't listed.

Upvote 0
As for the "Gub Nit" comming down on us non zombiefied citizens, I'm glad that ill have my m38, and after my summer trip to Nevada hopefully A CETME or G3 along with a couple AK's. I've always wondered, in Europe, is their a high number of deaths or injuries related to bladed weapons? Similar or equal to the US's gun deaths?

PS: Living in CaliFORRRNA!!!1 sucks:mad: I want me A battle rifle.

Upvote 0
Meh. When you're talking about Califucked battle rifles, you may as well just get a Garand. Almost identical manual of arms to the M1A/M14 type, and 8rd enbloc vs. 10rd box, the enbloc wins. It is extremely difficult to load a gun faster than the Garand.

BTW, SKSes are super-fun. A Yugoslavian M59 (NOT the M59/66) or any of the other countries' SKSes (except any of the Norinco ones which accept detachable magazines) are Cali-legal.

and instead of saying "hand me your wallet" they just pull the trigger on you to prevent you from even having a chance to go "george bush" on him.
Strawman. The cold-blooded murder rate is rather low (something over 60%? 70%? of murders are by acquaintances/intimates of the victims), and for that matter, the vast majority of defensive gun usage (>90%) involves no shots fired. But this is neither Podium nor History, so I'm not going to get into the full statistical rundown. :)

The custom map makers need to re-release their maps to allow MP41 and M44. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0