• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

redorchestra @ giga2 live review

aceto

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
saxony || germany
okay, after i saw the show today as replay ill post some screens from the show.

christian schneider aka schneidzekk was the special guest and as far as i was seeing he did a great job ;)
to tell about the game and gameplay about 1 1/2 hours. just great.

in the show we played a match versus {core} and the showed 3 rounds of it. 1 round basovka and 2 rounds ogledov.
i think it was really great to see for new players, even if veterans would have been mad about the spectator.

but, who cares. great job.

some more infos schneidzekk gave us too. like the new patch perhaps coming in july with possible new cars/maps and other features like perhaps other switch/leave-system for vehicles.

Last edited:
schneidzekk (left) in talk with moderator from giga -> loading old berlin map (they showed the mod for a short time)
ro_giga_01.jpg

ro_giga_02.jpg

going over to basovka, the first round we played pT as allies and core as axis
ro_giga_03.jpg

core-mg firing into capzone
ro_giga_04.jpg

ogledvov with the sexy is-2 of worluk in defenceposition
ro_giga_05.jpg

the clowncar (upps sorry) ba64 on the way to reinforce hill
ro_giga_06.jpg

core-attack with stronge tank-troops
ro_giga_07.jpg

and infanterie to farm (short after the bounced out of sdkfz which got destroyed right after that)
ro_giga_08.jpg

the german box
ro_giga_09.jpg

smalltalk at the end
ro_giga_10.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
Cool. :D

I wonder though, if the Germans feel "funny" about portraying third reich soldiers? Seeing how they are SO extremely politically-correct regarding that sort of thing.

I figure most gamers don't give a rats ass, but on a broader sense.

We have no problem with portraying them, as long as it is in a truthful manner. After all, the soldiers of WW2 are our loving and caring grandfathers.

Upvote 0
Funny because the Germans didn't have any carriers. I believe they planned to build one(Graf? something?) but never did.

I am not sure, though. The Gerries had a plan to build a powerful navy but it was abandoned in favor of other things, if they had gone for the naval plan they'd have built carriers etc(iirc)

Upvote 0