• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Spawn help please!?

Yes I have all those things, and done whats it say in the RedOrchestraSDKManual about spawn, and done the indrduction. read RedOrchestraSDKManual over and over again.
check the maps that come with it and copy paste, try alot of things.
Im going mad about this, It cant be this hard. Ive did just the same as in the quickstart map and that one worked fine but when I try my map done like the quickstart map it dont work.

Im about throwing my monitor out the window by now.
:eek:

Upvote 0
I made it work atlast, but now IM geting problem when I add a new player class.

Works fine with only 1 rifelman och each team, but when I just add 1 MG-gunner for axis team and run map to test it out it dont work.

hmm... I think Im gonna be posting here alot, cuz I run in to problems all the time. But hey, so far my litle map accutly looks good.
Looks like the trench line front in the movie " The Iron Cross" its that feeling of it. :D

when I make och add things I alwas save and try it out so I can locate the problem much faster. smal safe stepps forwards.

Upvote 0
DingBat said:
Don't be sorry, you're in the steep part of the learning curve.

I once had two friends of mine in school spend TWELVE hours trying to debug the following C code (prize to the first person who picks it out):

While (bFlag = true) {
}

standard mistake ;) (whats my prize? :p)

StyrmanKarlsson, if you have access to IRC you could join the #ro-leveldesign channel on gamesurge.

Upvote 0
legend9001 said:
come on some1 answer! :( its driving me crazy im double checked everything :mad:

Dingbat said:
The best thing to do is to post a copy of your map so we can take a look. It should be quite small, when zipped.

An alternative is to pop into #ro-leveldesign and see if anyone has a moment to look at the level for you as well.

Whenever I end up having spawn issues, i check the following:
- my playerstart's have the proper tag assigned
- my ROSpawnArea has the proper tag assigned
- my spawn Volume has the proper tag assigned
- Use Spawn Areas = true
- my ROSpawnArea has the spawn Volume's tag properly assigned
- do a _full_ rebuild, resolve any issues.

Upvote 0
noob with same problem

noob with same problem

I just double checked all those things drax, and it still doesnt work:( , thx anyway way tho:)

ive got a map itself here, if some1 would b kind enough to download it (its only 7kb) and tell me whats wrong i would b great greatful:eek:
has someone found out how to solve the problem ?
I have been directed to this thread but it seems a bit old...I am having the same problem ..HEEElp!!!

Upvote 0