• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favourite war movie?

D3terioNation said:
That is THE worst film, letalone war film, I have ever seen!!! Watch it so you know what I mean :rolleyes:
I have not seen that one, but I feel the same way about "The Thin Red Line" I thought it was way too melodramatic and poorly written, acted, and Filmed. But there are a lot of people who liked it, so to each his own. :) Stink-Fest crap film that it was. :D

I am patiently waiting for Clint Eastwoods' "Flags of Our Fathers" about the Battle for Iwo Jima. This one should be Good.

Upvote 0
The Soup Nazi said:
Downfall, because its a movie with Volksturm/Hitler Youth in it. Shows how crappy they had it in Berlin.
Aye, definitely one of the most powerful movies of late, the scenes where you see the child soldiers dieing around the 88 for a lost cause were pretty heart wrenching.

My big five movies personally are;

The Downfall
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Das Boot
The Thin Red Line

Other notables for me are;

Come and See
Tae Guk Gi

I really enjoyed Come and See, it was a really well done movie and one of the very few to show the actions of the Einsatzgruppen (sp?). I've only seen it once though, I downloaded it ages ago (but only because absolutely no movie store had it to rent anywhere over here) I might buy myself a copy.

Upvote 0
Didn't look through the other posts to see if anyone mentioned Talvisota, bloody fantastic film, check it out. Finnish movie, depicting gruelling battles against the invading Russkie's. Top Notch. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098437/

1. Cross of Iron (by a mile IMO)

2. The Thin Red Line.

3. Zulu

4. Das Boot (ALARM!!!!!)

5. Black Hawk Down

6. Hamburger Hill

7. Full Metal Jacket

8. Talvisota

9. The Longest Day

10. A Bridge Too Far

There are heaps of other good ones out there, but these are my favourites. Tae Guk Gi, When Trumpets Fade, Platoon, Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Enemy at the Gates, Paths of Glory and my old faithfull The Wild Geese are all worth a view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0