• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-SnowyForest

hi,Thank you for your a lot opinion.
I am making the final version.:)

Content

: Addition of tree.
: It is corrected that the snow doesn't drop to ground. Thank you zuberlan:)
: Correction of problem concerning wire.(This problem can already be corrected.)
: Making of Overheadmap and Sound and Many botpath.(To master's dasKaRmA):)
: Changing the sides (russians attack,germans defend) Good idea Thank you Hedentod.:)

[VFD]HH
I will adjust it based on your opinion.:)

However, I have been confused a little by a lot of criticisms. haha...:)

The plan above was rewritten.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I, too, urge you to make small changes when making gameplay changes. I've played the map quite a few times with 32 people, sometimes with all "new" players, sometimes with 90% of the players familiar with the map and knowledgeable about the game. As with most good maps, the play varies with the players playing at the time. I've seen the Allies dominate, I've seen the Axis win, I've see a near stalemate. Regardless, (since the arty fix), everyone had a good time.

The map is very immersive and extremely fun to play. I'm all for fixing the subtle litte things (map edges and background) and the not so subtle (not shooting through barbed wire), but as this is already an immensely popular map, I'd suggest taking "baby steps" when adjusting things that affect gameplay (player positions, moving the radio, etc.)

If it makes the map better, go for it. I'm all for that! Just try to avoid "tweaking" the map into oblivion :cool:

GG, tochiri

Upvote 0
I was confused a little. I reset the idea once.:)
Sacrifice somewhat "real" to play a game happy.
And, I got the answer.:eek:
I carry it out. I think that any map has the merit and the demerit point. It cannot be helped though it thinks it also for the disappointed person to exist.
This is made only for the person who likes my map.:)
And, it tried to think.

:The position of the wire is not changed.
:There is an engineer.

And, the plan written ahead was rewritten.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a chance to play Beta10 today and I hated it. Beta5's terrain gives better gameplay and there is way too much cover slapped in beta10, it is so obvious that you caved to the whiners and gave them cover. Beta5 would be perfect if there was arty protection for spawns. Such a shame this map got n00bified. :mad:

P.S. does anyone have a link to download beta5 because I want it before it is lost forever. :-(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cyion said:
I had a chance to play Beta10 today and I hated it. Beta5's terrain gives better gameplay and there is way too much cover slapped in beta10, it is so obvious that you caved to the whiners and gave them cover. Beta5 would be perfect if there was arty protection for spawns. Such a shame this map got n00bified. :mad:

P.S. does anyone have a link to download beta5 because I want it before it is lost forever. :-(

As for B5, the cover is a little,and it is difficult to advance very much the attack side.
And, B5 can do Respawn kill.
Map where cover is a little,is not a good map.
And, all players are not experts.
There is a beginner, too.

Perhaps, the final version will be completed with it tomorrow or the day after
tomorrow.

:Wire bug fix.
:Attack of Russia.
:There is no engineer in Germany.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
one more trick to get the trenches look better with the terrain.
Selectr the trenchstaticmesh, open its properties.
Then go to the Dislpay-folder.
there you will find 2 things:
disableshadowcast: try setting this to false
Scaleglow: is set to 1.0 by default...making the number smaller (say 0.3 ) will make the mesh darker, making thenumber hhigher (1.5) will make the mesh brighter.
Play around with this etting and it might look better.

!The "brightnesschanges" on the mesh only apply after a rebuild of lightning!

Upvote 0
RO_Courland

RO_Courland

RO_Courland.

After Heldentod's suggestion I have done some research.

Three German Army groups were renamed Army Group Courland in January 1945, based between Eastern Prussia and Latvia. Eventually surrounded by the Red Army after several large battles in the areas towns and forests. Survivors were taken prisoner, most did not return to Germany.

What do you all think. I like it, it has a ring to it. Down to the map maker though as his say is final.

Ta

Chi

Upvote 0
Chi said:
RO_Courland.

After Heldentod's suggestion I have done some research.

Three German Army groups were renamed Army Group Courland in January 1945, based between Eastern Prussia and Latvia. Eventually surrounded by the Red Army after several large battles in the areas towns and forests. Survivors were taken prisoner, most did not return to Germany.

yep the Courland Pocket

or in german Der Kurland Kessel

they held out until they recieved news that germany had surrendered (same goes for some garrisons on the atlantic, yep no bs they held out nearly 1 year)

Upvote 0
just played beta 10, was easily the most polished fan made map yet :)

have a couple of suggestions for the final version

-the trench objective is really buggy and kinda ugly, maybe use basovkas trench but replace with snow textures?

-lighting is a little bit off in some places

-add a minimap

-add a delay in spawn protection, sometimes ill be defending central forest and as soon as they cap it all the ruskies within blow up :(

Upvote 0
tochiri said:
:There is no engineer in Germany.

Tochiri your English is hilarious ;)

I wholeheartedly support the change of the name. Snowy Forest was perhaps the worst name, for what is among the best of user made maps for RO.

It's hard to imagine Germans atacking during the Kurland campaign though - it was desperate defence of the abandoned, weakened, and unsupplied "army group"....

Oleg

Upvote 0