• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Young Kiddies

lol yeah, the biggest problem for children is that if they use voip, they automatically are though less of (hey me included here because i havent fought with to many competent kids). if they play, but dont use voip, its often better for them.

yeah and i really think people out there should tell your kids TO NOT TAKE COMMANDERS OR SAPPERS. if anayone out there has a child that uses the name dastud, well then he really needs to hear that. and he needs to stop using voip, for his own sakes. (and tell him hes the shittiest commander there ever was, then explain to him that the commander is the guy who sets the artillery down on the enemy...)

Upvote 0
Shadowman said:
Jeez Oleg, you should be teaching all the adults how to play.;)

I try, that's why I prefer the commander class on most maps (even those with no artillery) but my "teaching" and "guiding" usually ends up in insult-fests ("****ing n00bs listen to me!") and sometimes even me being kicked from the server for being a major jerk :D :D

Some of us "older guys" act worse than 13-year olds sometimes (I readily admit!).

O.

Upvote 0
Repeat after me

RO is just a game, RO is just a game, I will get a life and stop bitching because I don't like the way some guys voice sounds:D

what pisses me off is newbs (of all ages and nationality) who don't know anything about the tactics and who run around like fools getting killed then yell at experienced players who suggest that they get orgainized and start playing the game. althoug that is not as bad a when the game first came out. i remember running around yelling at people to get the hell up and move to the objective, somtimes it worked and we whupped ass, then it was sweet like somthing from a movie. all the green troops hiding afraid to go and me running around like the veteran sergant giving them a kick in the ass:D:D

Upvote 0
When I first started reading this thread I was thinking oh sh?t. My 12 year invited a friend over last Saturday and asked if they could play CS. I say go ahead, I don't care what anybody playing CS thinks of me :p. They run down to the basement I hear explosions and yelling (mainly my son with the gain turned up on mike). A couple hours later I walk down to send them off to bed and to my horror, they are playing RO. My little rugrat is tking all his teamates. He laughs at me and says they have been playing on like 12 different servers tking :eek:

Well the little runt will not be playing anything for the next two weeks. I'm getting senile just remembered the little brat did this to me on DoD.

Upvote 0
RROOOOFLL!!!

ohhh, that had me cracking up Theodrake... ahahahaaa

lolbonksign0bw.gif

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
When I first started reading this thread I was thinking oh sh?t. My 12 year invited a friend over last Saturday and asked if they could play CS. I say go ahead, I don't care what anybody playing CS thinks of me :p. They run down to the basement I hear explosions and yelling (mainly my son with the gain turned up on mike). A couple hours later I walk down to send them off to bed and to my horror, they are playing RO. My little rugrat is tking all his teamates. He laughs at me and says they have been playing on like 12 different servers tking :eek:

Well the little runt will not be playing anything for the next two weeks. I'm getting senile just remembered the little brat did this to me on DoD.

what name was he using:mad: , he mighta tked me....

oh .. ban him from the computer games for 3 weeks plz:D

EDIt: and if his name is snake... then give him a good spanking...., with a wooden spoon...

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
He observed me play for AGES day after day, week after week, watching my every move, before I let him play. He knows my favorite camping spots on maps better than I do. In some aspects he's more observant than me. I am score whore if there's ever been one, I always do stuff that brings points (and helps the team) so, basically, by copying my score whore ways kid cannot go wrong LOL

LOL, why am I not surprised Sam? :p I recall the "Daddy is speaking an unknown language" and "Komsomol idolizing" episodes. :D

And oh, while Novogradov and I are both under 18, you can't make us leave the game. :rolleyes::p

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
My 6 year old, in fact (almost) 7 year old son is absolutely **crazy** about this game. He does not know how it's called, but he can play it for 5 hours straight. Any map, any role. He gets like obsessed at times.

He killed ME, the 1337z0r mothafucka, two days ago on some map. I was playing from work and I didn't know it was him (neither he knew it was me), until he shot me. I went LOL.

Two things are strictly forbidden to him though: using VOIP, and TK-ing. I told him if I ever see him TK-ing for any reason his account is GONE. Other than that, and apart from occasional headless bodies, I think the game can be very educational for him (team spirit and all, playing with real people instead of AI etc.) One day, he'll thank me for being so permissive (I hope but one never knows with kids these days LOL).

I thought him to take screenshots, and he was proud to show me this, among others. Made me proud father, though now that I think of it it must be some bug on this map?? I mean unless every other player on this list is complete n00bz0r I don't see how he could ever get this many points?? We're talking aboput 7 yo kid here. (Name has been changed to protect the minors :D )

Oleg

score.jpg

LOL LOOK IT's me with my straight 33kills with no caps!!! eheheh who are you and what server where you on???

Upvote 0
The_Cook said:
LOL LOOK IT's me with my straight 33kills with no caps!!! eheheh who are you and what server where you on???

I have no idea what server that was it was my 7 year old son playing the game (and taking screenshots to show me later). I still think it has to be some bug on this map, allowing him to get this many points.

Little guy has gone completely crazy. Today I forgot to unlock his account before going to work. I went to concert after work so I got home very LATE and my wife said son cried and spent afternoon & evening staring at the wall out of his mind because he was unable to spend his usual 3-5 hours playing the game :eek:

TW, this **** is dangerous :D

BTW Cook if it was ME, the 1337 mothafucka, not my kid, you assume I'd have at least 5x points you see on the screenie LOL :cool:

Upvote 0