• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enormous Satisfaction :)

Mr.Russian

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2006
I played RO:OST yesterday and it was finally (after 3 weeks training) such a great satisfaction :).
First I joined the ... (all maps) server and played Komandir Otdeleniya on Basovka. I would place arti on the very edge of AT-gun position, so it didn't damage my teams, but every time it felt like it was raining Germans from the sky :D. I would rush to the very front trench all the time just to see it.

Then I joined ... (armour maps only) server and played as SVT-40 sniper on Barashka. I would cross the river on ice and hide in the enemy territory, wait until enemy infantry and tanks would try to charge the Bridge, and took a number of hillarious headshots. I also yelled like every 10 seconds at my teams to go out and help me, so finally we did win that hard map.

I was hitting F9 like crazy, but couldn't find any "screenshots" folder in Steam or any other places on my PC later... odd :confused:

Mr.Russian said:
No... By practice I didn't mean "practice mod". I played on public servers as "Number_27". Just until now it wasn't so satisfying :).

BTW is there any confirmation on the game screen when you take a screenshot? I still don't get why they didn't save :confused:.

lol, I remember Number_27 team shooting me in spawn on the 24/7 Arad server. that was tons of fun. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Mr.Russian said:
No... By practice I didn't mean "practice mod". I played on public servers as "Number_27". Just until now it wasn't so satisfying :).

BTW is there any confirmation on the game screen when you take a screenshot? I still don't get why they didn't save :confused:.

I was on Basovka with you yesterday, thanking various deities I finally play under NCO who knows to use artillery (and is not me :D ).

Anyhow, wait till you get your first insta-kick for TK, because two morons wandered into your perfect arty strike on Basovka :mad: :eek: :mad:

"Enormous satisfaction" from the title of this thread will turn into "enormous frustration".

O.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
I warned everyone about what would happen when the Russians turned up. And these are just the ones living in the USA - Abramovich preserve us when the first "native" Russians get in here...

It's funny, but I actually presented the game to Russian on-line community. They have 10,000+ members and are an equivalent of MetaFilter. Some famous Russian programmers, animators, musicians and TV workers are the members, and you can't get inside without an invitation.

I showed them your Google video promotional trailer, screenshots and also told them, that I personally liked it. I've got 58 comments so far. Some of them asked how they can buy the game, some asked about localization, but most replied that they will continue to play chess.

Upvote 0
Mr.Russian said:
It's funny, but I actually presented the game to Russian on-line community. They have 10,000+ members and are an equivalent of MetaFilter. Some famous Russian programmers, animators, musicians and TV workers are the members, and you can't get inside without an invitation.

I showed them your Google video promotional trailer, screenshots and also told them, that I personally liked it. I've got 58 comments so far. Some of them asked how they can buy the game, some asked about localization, but most replied that they will continue to play chess.
Well, they can buy hrough Steam, or will be able to buy in stores, courtesy of 1C, across Eastern Europe/Russia around the end of the month.

But why can I imagine them still playing chess??

Upvote 0