• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another cold war?

Lionel-RIchie said:
...crumbling Russian forces...hm...
Russia is like an enomous mouse trap with free cheese. All the time throughout history it looks poor, helpless and about to collapse. It's never too long before some "smart", technologically "advanced" invader shows up at the Russian border trying to take advantage. They go in... and get ****ed... always :D.

Upvote 0
Mr.Russian said:
Russia is like an enomous mouse trap with free cheese. All the time throughout history it looks poor, helpless and about to collapse. It's never too long before some "smart", technologically "advanced" invader shows up at the Russian border trying to take advantage. They go in... and get ****ed... always :D.

The problem in the book wasn't the training of the Russian forces or anything, it was the fact that China surprised Russia and cut off most of their railroads into the Siberian region, delayed a lot of Russian armor and American armor.

Upvote 0
There most likely wouldn't be a conventional war between the U.S. and China. China has a population of over a BILLION people. That is a very large population pool to draw troops from. They could use human wave tactics and defeat us eventually. I think it would escalate into a nuclear conflict before the U.S. homeland was invaded.

Of course I don't see a war between the United States and China right now because we are too financially dependant of each other. When U.S. corporations start pulling out of China. Thats when our problems will begin.

Upvote 0
War is a question of money rather than a question of available people to waste. Just think about that that a single well equipped soldier can shoot X unarmed enemies without a physical problem. An army is only as good as its equipment. Tanks, planes, ships, cars, fuel, ammo, weapons, buildings, information etc. All those things cost money. Its the money that wins wars, not large armies. We have come to a point where war is more than a senseless the-higher-number-of-people-wins game like "Blitzkrieg 2" or "Age of Empires".
I don

Upvote 0
User Name said:
Of course I don't see a war between the United States and China right now because we are too financially dependant of each other. When U.S. corporations start pulling out of China. Thats when our problems will begin.

When China stops buying billions in US Treasuries, that's when our problems will begin. Luckily at the moment China exports way too much to the US to want to see our economy go in the tank.

Speaking of resource hunger, no one's mentioned India yet. They're huge, they're growing, they're getting smarter and richer and they're a member of the Nuke Club. They've got a long history of problems with China (annexation of bordering countries anyone?). I can see China and India having a border skirmish or two.

Upvote 0