• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

coordenate booth type thingies?? lol

[SS]Scharfschütze

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2006
I dont know wtf im talking about so just kinda go with the flow... ehh hem.

As we all know artillery is verry good in this game. why not be able to have 2 deferent types of radios/radio stations.
The kind where you pick the target with the nocs and call for it, and the new type im fixing to explain.

Players are given a map. when a player/infantrymen(man?) head to a radio the can use there map to set up coordenates.
So the artillery falls where ever he wants.

So say i go up to a radio open up my map, i shoudl be able to place red markers how i like. So i can make the artillery fall in a circle, or i could make it were the artillery falls in a straight line, instead of haveing the same old randome barrage of artillery shells falling. Players would be able to place where they want the artillery to fall and how they want it done.

You could click any where on the map and place the markers where ever your want (except spawns)

so you got a road with like 5 tanks on it. you can open your map place the markers in a line going down the road. call for artillery and bam. the artillery falls exactly where you placed the markers.

any one understand wtf im talking about???? :(

I see what you're saying, but I don't think WWII arty was that precise. I could be wrong, as my knowledge of tanks and big guns is pretty small, but just don't think it's realistic. Only the more modern weapon systems are capable of that degree of guidance, I believe.

Besides, I think you're REALLY posting this so that you can blast a smiley face into the Russian lines! You kraut bastard!

(kidding, of course :))

Upvote 0
I support this idea, 2 thumbs up :cool:.

Teapot
Clicking on your map instead of using your binoc lasers maybe still unrealistic, but its a step. :eek:
Well I'm sure it would be varied a little, it may be a straight line on the map but the actual fire will be slightly staggered and going to be a little off from where you want it. I imagine having several icons you can place: straight line*, large box, small box, very long box, etc. So instead of having super dense arty on one spot which wont really help on a map like konigsplatz, you can use the very long box to have sporadic fire up the length of east plaza (the there isn't enough shots per barrage to go up the whole length in 1 foot increments, so several random spots are chosen), so the enemy wont know where its going to hit and your teammates can rush through the box and hope that randomly picked spot is right next to them :).

*Actually instead of straight line you could just have "line" where you would draw it with your mouse. So lets say you want to put arty around an objective but not on top of it. You could draw something like a upside down U or if curves aren't allowed (could make things too complicated), than a upside down V. Though the arty wont always land on the line, so you have to be careful and not place it too close to your teammates or the objectives. But this might be to hard to code/balance, so I don't know, just a neat thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moz
I would be happy with selecting formations and being able to adjust it on the map. (so it your laser is 10 meters short, i can drag the arty over to it)
Oh no that made me realize... this idea wont work because in RO you have to expose your self and use your binocs to set an arty target. But if you just draw it on the map, you don't have to expose yourself at all. To be fair you should have to be able to see the spot to put arty on it and I doubt people would like to stand there looking at the spot and then bring up the map and draw with the mouse, it would take to much time and we would just end up with a lot of dead commanders. So no this idea wont work :(.

Upvote 0
just by the way, i woud love it to see the comander bringing his map up like they done in vetcong 1 (someone rember? Well, when you have pull out the map, you see a real animation, that brings it up and holding it in front of your face, i think even with a compass), that added much to the "im in that game" feeling, when you dont push a button and magicaliy a "map" drops up in front of you, and it realy was absouletly amazing on night maps, because you where not able to see anything on that map, except you have been direct in moon light! I woud wish somewhat similar for RO too.

Upvote 0