• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AOP's opinion on where the game has problems

By grenade spamming I mean the thing that you face enemy soldier and you both have rifles. The range is something like 5 meters and it's very hard to hit because both are running in circles. What does he do? He pulls a grenade and blows me up taking himself along. In some servers this was so frequent that I had to disconnect. At best every second guy pulled a grenade when they got to CQB and did a suicide attack with it.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
Wow, never seen that. I always end up bayo charging, and seeing others do the same. Maybe we can add a penalty for self nade kills to stop this. Opinions?

Well you've been lucky i see people wip out nades all the time with the speed of hollywood cowboys this was my idea to stop i mentioned in another thread\

Here's my idea instead of people just being able to take a nade out really quickly just by scrolling the wheel why not have it so people have to switch to the unarmed state first this would take 1 or 2 sec then in the unarmed state they have to press a take out nade button to get a nade in the hand.
Once you've thrown the nade you switch back to the unarmed state and have to press the take out nade button again, stupid idea i hear you say why not i say we have manual reload on rifles why not manual take out nade it would certainly stop people taking nades out in an unrealistic fashion when lets say an enemy is standing in front of them, this idea would simulate the soldier reaching down to waist to take a nade out, atm when your taking a nade out it feels like he's grabing the nade out of air just off screen lol.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
Wow, never seen that. I always end up bayo charging, and seeing others do the same. Maybe we can add a penalty for self nade kills to stop this. Opinions?

And AOP did you post what maps artillery got into spawns (this is not supposed to happen)?
I played this map only once. I don't remember it's name but it was infantry only, and it had AT positions to capture etc. The artillery gets definitely too close to the German spawn area.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:

Heck I do this all the time. On many occasions I've found myself in CQs and have fired off my last round. Instead of trying to reload I will switch to a nade and drop it. I've lost every single bayo fight, so why try :mad:

Upvote 0
Please,
Don't add penalties, added steps to SLOW things down or anything else that would detract from the deadly realism of war. That would herald the beginning of the end of RO. The bottom line for RO is its reality factor.

Please, never, ever dilute the RO realism factor because it is RO's shining achievement. It is what makes RO excellent.

Upvote 0
Mike_Nomad said:
Please,
Don't add penalties, added steps to SLOW things down or anything else that would detract from the deadly realism of war. That would herald the beginning of the end of RO. The bottom line for RO is its reality factor.

Please, never, ever dilute the RO realism factor because it is RO's shining achievement. It is what makes RO excellent.

Man do you honestly think that wiping nades out in 1.5 secs while at the same time putting your gun on your back is realistic make the nade draw much slower i say or something else.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
sucks if you wasted money on it...I get asked all the time what the game is like and if they should buy it and...the way i look at is...if you got some money to blow on a game and want something different, then buy RO...but its deff not a must have so you wont be missing anything special. It can be fun...but it can be annoying as all get out too.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro
1. I never see bayonet fights unless both people run out of ammo and don't want to reload because they're too close to each other. I think it should be a tip on the loading screen, because people just don't really think about it (at least from what I've seen they don't).
2. Please not too harsh of a penalty, windows + nades = suicide many a time. I would rather have a longer draw time because ATM it is kind of fast. Though I have never had this happen to me IRL so I can't say how fast I would move.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
aop said:
I played this game when this was only a UT2003 mod and it was much better then. No artillery raining on you everytime you try to step away from spawn, no grenades killing you from 10 meters away everytime, much better aiming system...

are you kidding? The grenades blast radius was in the mod times even a biger issue then now, i woud say it was even the most bad thing in the whole game (in relation with the god like throwing accuracy)

:eek:

Upvote 0