• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

T-34/85 vs Tiger

T-34/85 vs Tiger

• T-34

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • Tiger

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters

Pavel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
Playa del Rey
My highly controversial thread is back....old 1..http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1811. but this time we have played the game and know the tanks. I guess this is about wich tank is better in the game and not in
real life but u can argue about that to if you want...
bookgermancombatartdet22an.jpg

T34.jpg

Last edited:
Currently with the borked penetration i'd rather the T34, on Konigsplatz you can destroy the Tiger over and over (if it's a rather average enemy) without being destroyed. Because when your angled he can't hurt you, but because his gun is pointing at you, you can penetrate his front turret plate with every shot.

When it get's fixed i'd rather the Tiger i think, have to wait and see.

Upvote 0
An angled tiger in-game is INVINCIBLE against a t34/85, an angled t34/85 is easily penetrated by a Tiger's 88(ingame too).

You need to know how to use the Tiger, your turrent can be penetrated so you have to ANGLE the turret as well, after firing the shot from the tiger(positioned at 1:30 or 10:30) you have to move the turret to 12:00 then back to your angle to fire your next shot.

You'll never get killed, even by IS2's it takes 12+ consecutive shots by multiple enemies from different angles.

Upvote 0
What I found pretty funny was, when I was playing Arad, there was an T34/85 ahead, I angled my tank(Tiger) and he angled his tank. We both couldn't penetrate each other. So in the meantime we both destroyed some other tanks around, then he tried to destroy me again, didn't work. Then suddenly he fired HE Shells, I had gone yellow. Another HE-hit and the tank exploded. Range was about 700m. :S

Upvote 0
Tiger, but barely. When properly angled, they can take about as much damage, but the Tiger has a better gun. It's drawback though is the turret's turning speed. I think the pro of a better gun outweights the con of slow turning, but only barely.

In RO, they are nearly equal in terms of goodness. IRL though I don't think the T-34 would stand a chance against the Tiger, except with much higher numbers (which they usually had though :p).

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
real life/WWII, the Tiger no doubt. in RO:O, as it is now (pre-patch fix re armor penetration), I'd take the T-34/85.

soviet stuff was pretty much inferior on so many levels (see post above re armor quality, optics, and ammunition quality). but alas, it's not incorporated into the game.
And they didn't have radios at first(very few) dunno about late war.

Basically the Russians needed 10 tanks for every german tank, let alone for every german Tiger or Panther. :p

Aren't there some German tank commanders with 100+ kills? Some with 20-30 in a single day. o_O

Upvote 0
I like using the tiger and I'm pretty good with it. But when comparing I'd have to give the t34 the title of the best tank in game. Why? It is fast.

Lets imagine a battle between a t34 and a tiger. The tiger has a slower turret traverse speed, so with the t34 you could litterly outrun it and flank to the sides and take a shot which should penetrate, the tiger driver might not be able to re angle his tank in time to stop your shot. But if a tiger tries to flank a t34, the t34's turret is fast enough to keep up with the tiger and if the tiger does flank a t34, the t34 has a better chance of survivng than what a tiger would if it had been flanked, this is because the t34 has sloped armor. So basically a flanked tiger=dead, a flanked t34=50/50.

The t34s sloped armor and speed, combined with the exagerated richochets in the game clearly give the edge to the t34.

Upvote 0