• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
MkH^ said:
Yes, that, or we might first have the most common tanks of the war - built in thousands - and then add those "H31r1ch H1mml3r 94's" wet dreams.
Exactly. First the most numerous fighting vehicles and then work down the list to the more exotic variants.

*edit*

German:
Early war: Pz 38 (t) (1,396)
Late war: Hetzer (3,022)

Soviet:
Early war: T-70 (8,226)
Late war: ISU-122 (2190?)

source.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_armored_fighting_vehicle_production

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
In the game it's hard to employ the STUG correctly, first of all you absolutely need a 2-man crew because the STUG needs to be very mobile(you can't take more than 1 hit or you're dead).

For example, in Oglewdow, there are some "ledges" with bushes on them, take a STUG, position yourself behind the ledge, exactly between the bushes so that absolutely none of the STUG shows except the cannon. That right there is the most freaking lethal piece of armor on the battlefield. That's how you use a tank destroyer.

Imagine if we had full camo+foliage+MG+newer model+skirts? I usually wreck havoc with the STUG, I have plenty of good spots across the maps that are specialized for the STUG.

Yes, I bet it really is a bit of a stealth killer at Ogledow. The only way you would know it was there, is if they saw the track of the shell.

Like you say, it needs a commander and driver who know their stuff.

Upvote 0
jedinstven-o crni Wuk said:
If we just go by the bigest gun, then please a Dora or P1500 land cruiser ...

"In a paperback titled Tanks of the Axis Powers published over 20 years ago there is a brief mention of some of Germany's armoured follies. It mentions a 1500 ton superheavy tank, cased in 250mm of armour, armed with an 80cm gun and two 15cm weapons, and powered by four U-boat diesel"

but if we "serious" talk about useful heavy stuff, then the SU/ISU-152 shoud be the goal. They where one of the most important heavy soviet tanks (see battle at kursk with SU 152) produced in large quantities compared to there german counterparts. plus the ISU gives many good reason, to let infantry ride on tanks (this one had even special holders for infantry)

If you get hit in your tiger/panther by one of this, then we talk again, there was a reason for the name "Zveroboy" for the ISU-152

For the Sturmtiger on east front ... i only heard for one use, in the warsaw upsring, but maybe there was more combat, though i think most of them done service with the Battle of the Bulge on the western front and last not captured/destroyed maybe inthe ruhrgebiet (near k

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Johnny555 said:
I'm all for seeing the ISU-152 in the game. It just wouldn't be any good.
It's combat record was not that impressive either. It was mainly used for bunker busting. A reload rate of 1 or 2 rounds per minute made it ineffective for anti-tank use (even though it was usually a one hit kill). And pretty dull for RO play.
You would need to have three or four firing as a team to be any good. And they would need infantry support to stop AT troops sneaking around the back of them.
yes i know, woudnt they be great :D

its just a bit boring, that evryone wans to se the "uber rockzor" K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lucius said:
Exactly. First the most numerous fighting vehicles and then work down the list to the more exotic variants.

*edit*

German:
Early war: Pz 38 (t) (1,396)
Late war: Hetzer (3,022)

Soviet:
Early war: T-70 (8,226)
Late war: ISU-122 (2190?)

source.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_armored_fighting_vehicle_production

Don't forget the BT-5/7 series and the 37mm Pz.III

Production:
BT-5: 1,884
BT-7: 5,328
BT-8: 706

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT-8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_armored_fighting_vehicle_production_during_World_War_II

Upvote 0
of course there great nunbers have done a big part that they where so successful for the soviets, and if i realy as a tank-soldier woud have to choose i woud pick the Jagdpanter over the ISU and Panther over the T34 any day, but from a economic stand point, the ISU and T34 just ... well won the war.

And compared to the jagdpanther the ISU 152 wasnt that bad, it was inferior, true, but nonetheless a tank with a heavy punch and woud be a fair tank again the King Tiger and Jagdpanther (considering to the low distances we have in game and the strong gun on the ISU 152, not realy a anti tank gun, but the shell had a weight, that for it self, was heavy enough to crush near any target in peaces)

and your totally right, the moer the better :D

Upvote 0
Jagdpanther and SU85

Jagdpanther and SU85

I would like to see the jagdpanther and the SU85 because there are only two SPG's in the game.

I think that the ISU-152 will give the Russians too much fire power if there was two IS2's and a ISU-152 on the same map.

I like the stugIII you just need two people and some tactics. It fires two shells for every one the T34/85 does.

Upvote 0
What about the Hetzer and/or the Jagdpanzer IV

What about the Hetzer and/or the Jagdpanzer IV

Lucius said:
Well, if you want to have two new SPGs (one Soviet, one German), the Jagdpanther is not the one to take. I agree it would be cool, but it would not be realistic nor balanced.

Well if the Jagdpanther is not realistic what about the Hetzer or the Jagdpanzer IV.

Upvote 0
How about adding more early-war hardware, instead of looking at relatively rare late-war hardware?

I'd definitely like to see the Marder III. And for maps set around the battle of Kursk, the Nashorn definitely should be in. On the russian side, SU-85 would be a good choice.

For late-war maps, I'd rather see the Jagdpanzer 38(t) than more exotic designs like the Jagdpanther. I'm not saying the devs should ignore them altogether, but the vehicles that were more common in use should have priority, IMO.

Lucius said:
Well, if you want to have two new SPGs (one Soviet, one German), the Jagdpanther is not the one to take. I agree it would be cool, but it would not be realistic nor balanced.
While I partially agree with you, I have to ask: why just add two SPGs?

Game balance is up to map designers. If one side has access to a larger number of vehicle designs than the other, who cares? Give the mappers as many vehicle designs and weapons as possible to play with, and then leave the game balance up to them.

Upvote 0
EGF_PeeGee said:
There is a rather obvious reply, but I shall resist making it :p
He's pretty much right, even with all the limits there were imposed on the German factories/scientists, they did manage to create the most advanced technology in almost every field(except the atomic weapon).

They got beaten because of a million reason, no amount of technology(other than the bomb) would have switched the war in their favor. It is truly remarkable the "contribution" they made to the world with such technology, even if its intentions were less than admirable.

Upvote 0
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

It is sorely missing in late war maps like Konigsplatz, which in reality were actually there, 4-5 of them in Berlin manned by French tankers who joined the Nazi cause because they would be hanged or worse by their own country after the war.

Anyway the King Tiger needs to be implemented, the Russians get their most powerful armor the JS-2, so why don't the Axis get their most powerful weapon?

Upvote 0