• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Continuation War

myzko said:
That's pretty ****ed up, considering the finnish Swastika has NOTHING to do with Nazism.
Thats exactly what I thought when I bought Forgotten Battles. Fortunately there was a hakenkross mod.

Finns had some T-34/85's late in the war and some captured "heavy" soviet tank killers. And then there were the Vickers "death-traps" which were only effective against soviet infantry.

So there could be tank-battle maps:p

Upvote 0
If you want to learn more about the Swastika and it's origins read alittle bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

It kind of sucks how a ancient symbol is illegal and is only known for the bad things someone choose it to represent

edit: Just read this and I just gotta post it...

Firing squad in Finland

Capital punishment was abolished on civilian crimes 1828 by Czar Nicholas I in Finland. The traditional Scandinavian method of execution was beheading with an axe. Capital punishment was reintroduced by independence of Finland in 1917 for murder, high treason and military offenses. The method was to be firing squad consisting of ten military police privates, one NCO and one officer.

Death penalty was widely used during and after the Finnish Civil War; it is assumed that some 20,000 Finns were executed both during the war and in the aftermath. The death penalty statute remained in effect for the duration of the war.

During the WWII some 450 persons were executed. The usual causes were cowardice, disobedience, treason and espionage, of which more than half were spies. Usually the executions were carried out after the court-martial by the regimental military police platoon, or in the case of spies, by the local military police. Officers and NCOs had also the right to shoot a disobedient subordinate on spot without trial. The most famous of such cases was the private Hytti incident. Most executions occurred in 1941 and during the Soviet Summer Offensive 1944. The last death sentences were given in 1945 for murder but later commuted to life imprisonment.

Death penalty was abolished from Finnish civil law 1949 and for all crimes in 1972.

please please please let me TK people that wont follow my orders xD, I hate when a guy camps, and I just get so mad at him yellign "gogog!! attack them!" and he wont move! then I shoot him in the leg and get kicked xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
Yeah, those are both great. "Framom Framsta Linjen" ("Beyond Enemy Lines") is also a great movie about the Winter War...
It is not about the Winter War at all! :confused: Every scene in the movie takes place during the Continuation War. Or did you miss the 90% of scenes that took place during the summer? That should be a pretty strong hint, along with the mentions of timelines and dates and...everything! Sorry but it just seems incredible that you actually watched the movie and came to this conclusion.

It's a good movie for history and war buffs, a bit old-fashioned but pretty nice. I imagine it could be pretty boring if you aren't interested in the subject at all.

I live just a few km from the main character's (Harry J

Upvote 0