• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reason Arad always gets voted,

Reason Arad always gets voted,

• Its simplest to Remember

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Its simplest to play... hop in a tank drive 20 ft then sit and shoot

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • im a newbie and i like tanks

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • "other"

Votes: 28 28.0%

• Total voters

SingeDebile

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006
im guessing its because the name is by far the easiest to remember... i have a feeling most people have no idea what the other maps are untill they launch then are like "oh yeah i remember this one" or "oh yeah i like this one", maybe little defaulted picture the exemplifies each map could be included with the voting process to help people remember which map they like.

SingeDebile said:
im guessing its because the name is by far the easiest to remember... i have a feeling most people have no idea what the other maps are untill they launch then are like "oh yeah i remember this one" or "oh yeah i like this one", maybe little defaulted picture the exemplifies each map could be included with the voting process to help people remember which map they like.

Personally, I prefer Barashka to Arad. But it's still a good map to play.
When I first started playing, I wrote down my favourite maps (the tank ones) on some paper, so I could find the game I wanted quickly, and also to be able to know what to vote for when asked.

I voted for 'other'. Due to the rather condesending tone of the other answers.
Do you have to be a newbie to like playing tanks?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MoparMan said:
It's an easy map ...open field for tanks and YES NEWBIEs LOVE TANKS!!!!!
It's sometime too easy to be a saper and blow them up in this map.
I love being a Soviet saper and get 3 Phaust .....I'm a 1 man Army with all that equipment!

I don't know if newbies do like tanks to start with. First time I played a tank, I jumped out again in disgust. I couldn't believe you had to control the turret with the keyboard. Too much BF2 I suppose.

I have got used to it now though. And prefer this method. It's harder but more skillfull and rewarding in the end.

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Arad is also the 'default' map that gets voted for if you don't use the vote system correctly.
It took me (and others I've talked to) several votes before we caught on to how the vote system works ...
We always wondered why it said we voted for Arad before figuring it out ...

Could be a factor in Arad's popularity ...

Upvote 0
What is it with these worthless polls that virtually reek of their starters' poisonous spite and bias? The suggestive possible replies for this poll basically boil down to:

-"I'm a bit of a simpleton, so I choose the map because of the short name."
-"I've unsophisticated tastes when it comes to gaming. Whee, kaboom!"
-"I'm hopelessly clueless, but I like big vehicles with big guns."
-"I belong into an obscure marginal group."

Granted, Arad is a bit too tank heavy and could certainly use some changes to more effectively facilitate combined arms tactics, but it's hardly the worst map as far as I'm concerned...

Upvote 0