• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ForgottenHero

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
have cheaters arrived yet? this is not bf2 or call of duty so im thinking there are less cheats for this game. on the other hand the wall hackers have arrived in graw already.

what kind of anti cheat do they have for this game. is it effective against wall hackers and aimboters? i really hate those. the wall hackers bother me the most cause they are hard to catch and i like to be sneaky.

give ip address of any servers with admins watching. i want to play on those if they welcome newbies but i'll play to help the team.

ForgottenHero said:
have cheaters arrived yet? this is not bf2 or call of duty so im thinking there are less cheats for this game. on the other hand the wall hackers have arrived in graw already.

what kind of anti cheat do they have for this game. is it effective against wall hackers and aimboters? i really hate those. the wall hackers bother me the most cause they are hard to catch and i like to be sneaky.

give ip address of any servers with admins watching. i want to play on those if they welcome newbies but i'll play to help the team.

Just look for clanservers with members of that clan on them. They should be able to admin.

Upvote 0
ForgottenHero said:

Here ya Go...... The IP is in the Sig....

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
I haven't noticed any cheats, RO isn't a game hard enough to warrant cheating anyway, it's as simple as point and click.

Sorry what the hell game are you playing simple as point and click is it, i think its alot harder than that im afraid. After a comment like that i wonder if your actually playing the same game the rest of us are playing or do you play against bots.

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
It's easier for some than others.

Simple point and click, i'll walk you though it.

Bring up sights
Put top pixel of sight on target
Click[/quote

Yea and wat about gun resting, sway, bullet travel time, the other team doing their best to kill you, and why is it that so many newbies have a hard time adjusting if it as easy as you say it is. Btw im a good player but i wouldnt say the learning curve was easy or this game even after a few weeks.

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
I haven't noticed any cheats, RO isn't a game hard enough to warrant cheating anyway, it's as simple as point and click. People tend to cheat in games where you have weapons with bad accuracy (Aimbots) or where you can shoot through walls (Wallhacks)
Aimbots are for auto-aim, the effect is similar to console shooter games where the aim gets glued to somebody's head making an immediate HS possible as soon as the opponent gets in your field of view.

Wallhacks are not only for shooting though walls, but also for turning solid objects into wireframes which makes spotting people behind cover extremely easy.

Often used in combination, they are "useful" in any game, RO being no exception.

Upvote 0
I don't think RO-O would benefit much from either, simple as fastest finger first in most cases, Even if you could see somebody behind a wall as soon as you walk around and go to shoot they could shoot you first.

Plus ROO isn't large enough to warrant the player count and the kind of cheats that come with popular games, like CS or whatever.

Also MOST of the community here are pretty smart and mature and woulden't bother cheating, I think the only real problem is the occasional moron intent on TKing people for the fun of it.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen or heard evidence of any cheaters so far in Roost. Hell, back in the mod there were only about 4 or 5 100% confirmed cheats caught ever and I believe they were just using generic UT2k4 hacks which shouldn't get past VAC. Fortunately for RO, it's just not the sort of game that attracts the sort of person who writes cheats. I suppose something may turn up from a disgruntled CoD/DoD player who was expecting more of the same, but other than that, this community's just too small and mature to really attract anyone who'll have it enough to write a cheat for it. That said, it could happen, but there won't ever be many (if any).

thanks. i'll be there. i know nothing about being admin on a server. how would you know if someone is using a wall hack? that really bugs me.
Well first of all, don't just go accusing someone because they happen to prefire around corners with spray and pray weapons. There are plenty of ways to know what's going on without looking through the wall. Your best bet is to switch to spectator and spec the suspected cheat from first person mode. Wallhackers tend to look at otherwise unexciting pieces of wall, tracking players through solid objects and they'll then magically point at a corner just in time for a person to come round it. Even so though, experienced wallhackers (in any game) learn not to look at the walls for that very reason. They use the edge of their screen to do the work for them, thus making it much harder to catch them. The problem is that there's a fine line between a good player and a good wallhacker. You have to be very careful that you don't kick and ban a legitimate player just because he killed you a bunch of times and he "couldn't possibly be legit". In a community this size, anyone legit who cops that's going to be all over these forums like a rash and the offending admin will get the closest thing to a public flogging that a forum can provide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO suffers from at least two bugs that may appear as wallhacks. First is the you are in a room or behind something, prone. Sometimes your feet will stick through the object so the guy knows you are there. I don't know if someone can shoot you if they appear as I never shoot at them (this worked in DoD, ok so I used it), but I can not pretend to not know you are there and will react accordingly.

The other is that some objects dissappear when you have a scope. So you can "see through" some objects. I actually hate this as I will shoot thinking I can hit somebody and give away that I'm sniping. The object still stops the bullet.

Upvote 0
ForgottenHero said:

We use VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat), which is built in and administered by ourselves and Valve. So far, we haven't seen much sign of anyine cheating, wlthough we have been made aware of a number of attempts (caught by VAC and banned).

It is also something of deterrent, given that cheaters can have their Steam account blocked and therefore lose access to ALL their games :)

Upvote 0