• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

need help,Reducing Load times

something that isnt in the tweak guide (becaue it has a few adverse effects) is turning off precaching.

open redorchestra.ini (just like in the tweakguide)
and look for (using ctrl+ F )
"neverprecache"
and turn that to true
and look for
"precaching" (multiple of these)
and turn them to false.

this tweak has so far been the most effecitive by far in reducing loading times.
the downside is it might make your game stuffer a bit for the first few seconds of play and when you ever a new area.
but most people fine the reduction in loading times are worth that.

Upvote 0
Janster said:
The tweaks doesn't help at all, I recommend leaving the ini file alone, and wait for them to patch this sillyness.

Janster
Speaking for yourself, obviously.
I reduced my loading times by almost 1/2 merely by toying with a couple of the settings.
Keep in mind that the .ini file produced is very generic and designed to be compatible with as many configurations as possible. "Tweaking" it or adjusting it to fit individual machines is recommended. Not all computer configurations are created equal ;)

Floyd

Upvote 0
Janster said:
The tweaks doesn't help at all, I recommend leaving the ini file alone, and wait for them to patch this sillyness.

Janster

The Tweaks do work, But not to satisfactory .

Chek out this guy -

Demogorgon said:
i have 2 copies of RO. one on my 2.1 ghz, 512k ram, geforce 6600 gt, and the other on my 1.0 ghz, 512k ram, geforce 5200, and they both load infantry maps in less than a minute. of course the 1.0 doesnt look as good but its playable. you ever get killed by someone named OZZY2112 then you got killed by my 1.0 ghz pc.....

How does he do that , Is it the graphics card. ???

I know my specs are low. AtI card 9600 2,8 Ghz Ram 512K .

Used every tweak ini (precashe sound and visuals) .And Windows (viritual memory) , toned down RAM eating of my Windows XP, use Ram optimizer. Set all aplication exept RO to low priority . Flush the files in unreal engine . Tweaked ATI CCC settings. Set all ingame options to maximize performance. And yes I have Defragged my Hardrive and scanned and removed spyware.
Every tweak and recomandations on this site and others I have executed on my tweaked out PC. ......
....maps still loads ranging from 2-5 minutes.

The most anoying part is that I can run the game on maxed visuals (Without Bloom) with great FPS. but if i do that the maps takes 6-8 minutes to load.

Any hope for a patch optimizing the files loading. I`m a poor bastard. And to old to make my mom and dad pay for my toys.
The custom maps I have played loaded in 10 seconds. But I asume they were less complicated.

For the love of this game, Fix the loading times. Or Bundle the game with a aditotional stick of RAM.
Someone else noticed that when you start up this game it eats tons of RAM, On my 512k, I start the game with 360 free, that drops to 10 during launch . Thats before the TRipwire Logo shows and the the game started up full Screen.

Upvote 0