• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Profanity rate extremely high and admins just laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006
I was on a server last night, and people were making retard jokes, kind of funny when the people are being smacktards, but it got way out of hand. It turned into molesting the other's 6 year old girl with cancer.:eek: WTF And the admin just LAUGHS. I understand voice blocking but please, what admin doesn't put a stop when others are clearly not enjoying what these guys are saying. Grow up all of you 6 year old admins.:mad:

Mauser98k said:
I was on a server last night, and people were making retard jokes, kind of funny when the people are being smacktards, but it got way out of hand. It turned into molesting the other's 6 year old girl with cancer.:eek: WTF And the admin just LAUGHS. I understand voice blocking but please, what admin doesn't put a stop when others are clearly not enjoying what these guys are saying. Grow up all of you 6 year old admins.:mad:

Oh please....

I find it terribly ironic that you don't find human slaughter and murder offensive, but language you do.

Upvote 0
Normally, I'd say find another server. I was on this server as well, however, at the same time, and agree that things went too far.

I have no problem with people being goofy or acting up a bit. When it crosses into child molestation, the humor factor is gone. Period. Even though it was painfully obvious the speaker had no children.

Upvote 0
Just because a person is "mature" does not necessarily mean they care to hear adolescents and <30-somethings espouse their manhood by using language in a public forum that they wouldn't use in front of their mothers, wives, or kids.

At 50, I find the need for dropping the F-word every few seconds rather pointless, futile and juvenile. Have a little respect for the other players on the server. I liken it to the smoker/non-smoker thing in a restaurant. Sure you can smoke, but if it is making the person at the next table nauseous, do you remain obtuse and keep smoking or wait a little while until your out-of-doors?

Just use a little common sense and decency. One of my favorite movie lines is from Morgan Freeman when he is a judge at a trial. "Decency is what your grandmother taught you. Go home and be decent people." It makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Floyd

Upvote 0
veryhungryhobo said:
No fricken way freedom of speech what?

That line is always good for a laugh!
And where were you when that was discussed in civics class or Law 101?

I have to agree with Strother. To each server its own rules; but when playing in a public arena, until otherwise known, at least have the courtesy to assume that decorum is the rule of the day.

Floys

Upvote 0
Oberst Freitag said:
/ thread

people whine about realism...well guess what...soldiers swore...a lot, when the **** hit the fan

That argument has no weight. This is not armed conflict. You are never in harm's way playing a video game, so the rules that would apply to a soldier do not apply to you or anyone else, and to suggest so is offensive to soldiers of nations the world over.

Upvote 0
I have nothing against the occasional swearword. But basically it is context sensitive...
On our server, there is no "foul lingo filter", and you won't get kicked for saying "***** you shot me again :(".
On the other hand, if you simply start cursing to piss people off or harass someone, you've played long enough on our server.

At least if our server decides to run longer than half an hour ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.