• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Profanity rate extremely high and admins just laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just deleted several posts completely Off-Topic and gave out a vacation to one person - i dont care if you have or havent served in the military, that gives you NO right to come on these forums flaming and swearing either way.

Now with that said out of the way, my original point earlier in the thread stands...its entirely down to the owner of the server what is/isnt allowed, if an Admin acts like the sort of asshat described above, then leave his server and let him and his idiot friends play alone, there are awesome servers out there that are far more deserving of your attention :)

Upvote 0
Avenger said:
I simply cannot understand how anyone can play a game where people lose body parts in graphic detail, and yet be offended by swear words. Anyone who fits in that category needs a reality check. This is a game for adults who get their kicks by virtually killing people. Prudishness and moral high ground have no place in a game like this.
The difference is: The violence is just a simulation, while the language is real!

I

Upvote 0
I'm a cussing bastard, I admit it. I avoid non-swearing servers because I get competitive and swearing is one of my ways that I vent the aggravation that I have at myself when I don't perform at 110% of what I know I'm capable of. I learned that lesson after I was forced to purchase a new monitor when I broke my old one.

At the same time, if it devolves past back-and-forth banter about one kill or another and leads to things involving molestation, rape, cancer, mothers, dogs, or whatever the hell else some of the others "my age" swear about, then it's gone too far. Granted, swearing in your own native language sometimes involves those things. My native Serbian is a violent language for cursing, it's brutal. The only time I'd say the Serbian curses I know is when I'm surrounded by English-only speaking people who don't know what I'm saying.

Something like molesting a 6-year-old cancer child is just sick and twisted. It doesn't matter if you're 14 or 40. That kind of thing is un-necessary, and I would kick for it. Saying "****in' bull****" isn't the kind of thing I'd kick for unless it happened every damn time the guy died.

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
Oh please....

I find it terribly ironic that you don't find human slaughter and murder offensive, but language you do.

Amen brother!!!!! This is what I find the most humorous about these servers. People are going to play war games, killing, wanting to kill, and yet, good lord, don't let me hear any "bad" words.

You are playing a game to kill, you are playing other war gamers, and bad language is a part of it to me. Give me a break. Oh there are kids playing, well it is adult!!! entertainment, take them to church or out to play with other children.

Upvote 0
HotDawgz said:
As in 'they have kids playing'?..The game has an age rating, doesn't it?
Take heed.

Lol, I was thinking that as I read the first post:

"Isn't this game rated M?"

If you have kids, wear headphones (you should anyway, since you should have a headset with a mic.) If you're putting a kid on the game, warn the other players! On public channel: "Hey, guys, I'm gonna let my kid play for a while now, can ya watch the language?"

Most admins and players would respect that.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
I would like to say, I am not a child, but I do swear. Quite a bit in real life. I personally think if you dont like the swearing, you should change servers. Leave it at that. What Floyd said about smoking non smoking, I have to be an ass about that too. IF you are a non smoker, don't sit in the smoking section. that is the way it is.

Although, I dont think calling names and things of the like are appropriate, I would find it laughable to kicked from a server for saying a swear word. If the servers rules are NO Swearing, then I would abide by that rule, but I would choose to sit in the smoking section.
Because non-smokers and people with smoking allergies/asthma CHOOSE to sit in the area of the non-smoking section that is next to the smoking section (and is divided by a 6 foot half wall, lol) :rolleyes:

It'd be one thing if a smoking section was sealed off from the non. Sorry to bring this off-topic remark back up, but as you said, you were being an ass ;)

If you have kids, wear headphones (you should anyway, since you should have a headset with a mic.) If you're putting a kid on the game, warn the other players! On public channel: "Hey, guys, I'm gonna let my kid play for a while now, can ya watch the language?"

Most admins and players would respect that.
How long have you been using the internet? Do you seriously think that would do ANYTHING other than make matters exponentially worse? If you say "watch the language" or "my kid is going to play" on the internet, all of the same people the OP is talking about are going to UP THE ANTE of their swearing just to get a rise.

Edit: And I ESPECIALLY love the posters comparing swearing in a video game over VOIP to swearing in a war environment in real life. Haha...

On one hand we have people who are made their virtual player was killed and for SOME reason feel the need to PRESS their VOIP button and let the rest of the team know with a slurr of neandrethal vocabulary.

On the OTHER hand we have young boys and young men who are facing real death every day, who CANNOT respawn, and who feel real pain that you guys probably haven't felt in your life or are under conditions that you would never dream about?

How can you honestly compare the two and keep a straight face? Is it so hard to just swear w/o pushing your VOIP button? You have to let everyone else know?

What are you, roleplaying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
Well even though Free Speech is guaranteed to us yanks, I will also point out... If you yell fire in a crowded theater, you can be arrested. :D or if you say "I have a Gun" in a Bank... same thing. Just some thoughts. :p

This would be because freedom of speech doesn't extend to private property. Most internet spouters haven't even read their own dadgum constitution and they rant on and on about free speech.

"CONGRESS shall make no law" is what it says.

It doesn't say "I can go on your forums/house/office/building/property and say/do whatever I want and you cannot stop me." And there's such a thing as libel/slander too.

It makes me sad that fellow Americans don't even understand their own rights and believe "Freedom" to be a synonym for "anarchy"

Upvote 0
Profanity I can handle, but excessive violent insane criminal crap insults like molesting 6 year girls with cancer is sick, sadistic & demented. IMHO not even remotely funny. :mad:
Saying something like that to get a reaction out've another person is just plain juvenile! And cowardly, since you're not face to face with the person you're trying to offend.

A question to the chaps at TW. We've heard about the "Wiffo" scent capable keyboard...any thoughts on incorporating the "Socko" instant-punch-in-the-nose boxing glove attachment? So we could vote a nose-punch to these players? LOL :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is an old and worn out topic....who really cares. I can personally stand some cussing here and there but there is a personal tolerance level for me and I look down upon people who just scream and curse on VOIP. Sure if I'm by myself I'll scream and cuss like a sailor, but when people are around I tend to refrain. I just don't think VOIP is the place to cry and cuss, can't you cuss to yourself without pressing your *turn on VOIP* key?

Upvote 0
One of my favorite movie lines is from Morgan Freeman when he is a judge at a trial. "Decency is what your grandmother taught you. Go home and be decent people." It makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Floyd[/quote]

Another movie line for you

Colonel KurtZ: We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "****" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Othervise I`m all for civilized chatt in game.
It would be less "tough" little tvelve year olds if you were playing i the same room. Takes a lot to tell some on to **** off face to face.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.