• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You say its realistic???!!

Ghost22 said:
I just play the best I can during the rounds. Doesn't matter if I come out at the top (rarely) or the bottom (most of the time)
It does matter. For your team...

Having just a few points means either:
-you are not going for the objectives or
-you can't defend yourself on your way to the objective or
-you can't defend yourself while capping the objective

If you play the game as it is intended to be played (i.e. wisely capping an objective and pwning teh n00bzors with your trusty rifle:) on your way to the next one) you'll always be on top.

Upvote 0
REZ said:
I prefer Death Messages off.

With that said, the only time I ever look at the scoreboard, death messages on or off, is to look at the reinforcements. Personal score matters not.

I think having the DMs off promotes a slower thinking type game, as opposed to a quick, run around shooter. The MG and sniper roles (not that I play them) really benefit from the DMs off as well.

REQUEST OF THE SERVER MOD MAKERS... an all encompassing server-side mod that will have these features

Black screen during death
No Death Messages
No "People in the capzone" bar
No onscreen messages i.e. 'Satchel has been placed' type messages
No blinking objectives on map

it would be cool to have a mod package like this because then people of the same mind can jump on a server running this package, and know that the other people on there are wanting to play the same style of game. That would be the style that focuses on winning maps exclusively.

on the subject of stats... personally, they dont mean crap to me.. there are times my stats for a particular map suck, but I know I played an integral part in winning the map. To me thats what matters.

Can someone please make a mod that translate VOIP chat into German or Russian depending on the side? It's really hurting the immersion of the game when you hear RUSSIAN soldiers speaking in english!

Upvote 0
Vonreuter said:
People like this make the game fun to play...

If it stops shooting, it's most probably dead. Put one more in if you're not sure.

I really like the no DM. I had one case where I shoot at a running enemy. He appears to fall down. I start to turn away and I notice he is crawling. Seems the moment I shot he had gone prone. With a DM I would have known I had missed instead of having to make sure. That for me is why no DM is better.

Upvote 0
It does matter. For your team...

Having just a few points means either:
-you are not going for the objectives or
-you can't defend yourself on your way to the objective or
-you can't defend yourself while capping the objective

If you play the game as it is intended to be played you'll always be on top.

It does matter, if you are attacking.... not necessarily so if you are defending.

Alot of the times if I choose to be a defender, I pick a capzone and stay with it. Which means I may end up with a meager score if it's not a 'hot' objective.

For example, last night on Krasny, I did not die once the entire round, ended up with a score of only 7, but we defended the Petrol Yard successfully till the time ran out. We focused on the most important objective in the map, and were consequently victorious.

So, anyway... score isnt always indicative as to whether or not you are a factor in the game. Just by having your body in the capzone, and reporting enemy sightings/movements, you are contributing greatly, even if you arent killing that much.

Upvote 0
First point whoring and stat systems make games less fun. People get greedy and it really kills that horribly programmed BF2. I hope the Quake Wars game beats the crap out of EA's games.

Second if turning of death messages is an option it should turn off the score board too. No point in removing the death messages and not the score board.

Upvote 0
Recon said:
First point whoring and stat systems make games less fun. People get greedy and it really kills that horribly programmed BF2. I hope the Quake Wars game beats the crap out of EA's games.

Second if turning of death messages is an option it should turn off the score board too. No point in removing the death messages and not the score board.

I don't see how capturing victory locations and killing the enemy is "whoring". We've already provided at least half dozen reasons not to turn off the scoreboard.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Played recently on a server with no dm & it annoyed me to hell!!!

Basically these guys who love no death messages (dm) would rather hit tab (or what have you) to see if they scored a kill? Really adds to the atmosphere yeh???

WTF!????

I prefer dm's so that I dont have to bring up my score-board every time I get a kill, yet there are people who say it takes away from the realism or whatever??? :mad:

Get a freaking grip! You thing soldiers had some kind of pop up menu that confirmed a kill for them!!!?

And dont tell me you dont bring up the score-board to confirm a kill cos you'd be talking out of yer arse!!!

Why the hell do these people run servers without dm>?>>?>>???? :mad:

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

=o/

I totally agree with you, playing without DM, is totally crap, it fels like playing alone, I allways avoid those servers, no satisfaction when you kill someone

Upvote 0