• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Veteran's corner (a home for soldiers of V.3.3)

First map I played was Kiev on day one of RO 1.0.

And I'm so happy they took away that usless cap system of those days yelling "N1 at reich!!" for 5 minutes just to get TKed by someone.

With Ostfront, just as with every other new version of RO, there are sentimental people that say it was much better before.

I remember the release of RO 3.0 (or was it 3.1) that was the first RO version with tight fiting hit cylinders (in all versions prior to that RO version the hit cylinder had a diameter of approx. 1 m), there was this crowd of people yelling here in the forums that the devs had screwed up the balance in RO and they couldn't get any kills (Oh wow do you actually believe those bastard devs made it so you actually had to hit THE target to kill it). Those people threatened to go back to the previous version unless the old hit cylinders where brought back.

I don't know what happened with all these people some adapted to the game and some disappeared.

Then there also was a bug where people said the rifles fired after the recoil. Don't know about that one tough since I was only to get a occurance of that in 1:2000 shots making me believe that it was more lag related (yeah yeah no issue now days anyway)

Oh and all this whining that has been going around during the time.
*whine* nade spam *whine* railgun rifles *whine*
TBH none of the players that I have rated as "good" players ever complained about this, because the "good" players simply adapted how they move shot and take cover to survive. All these complaints came from 2nd grade players (or players that where even crappier)

Personally I don't agree with all the changes that have been implemented in RO since 1.0 but all in all I feel the game has been moving in the right direction all the time.

Upvote 0
I played since 2.0, was looking for mods to make UT2004 more realistic, after donwloading some mods I found this. My favorite map was Porechye in the beginning, great rifle moments, liked being russian on that map, where you had to go through a minefield to get behind enemy lines and cap the hill. aaah, good times. Too bad Porechye was removed in the 3.1 release. The cap system was good to in 2.x release. Still can hear people say "NEED 2 AT REICH!!"

Upvote 0
daschewy said:
Sparta was a funny map, everyone would always congregate around the nade alley. One of my favorite 1.2/2.0 maps was konigsberg and sevastapol. I hope someone recreates those maps.

The orginal Konigsberg was 10 times better than what made it into the mod. The only problem was that the mapper could never get the framerate to an acceptable level. He basically cut the map in half and added the warehouses. It really looks nothing like the original map

Upvote 0