• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fixing Fall Damage

I have to agree with him because I've fallen 5 feet off a railing onto some steps while prone and I lost my legs. But as for the jumping off roofs lol, I guess you didn't bother to read when guppy said anything that would make you combat ineffective counts as a death. This means being incapacitated, not being able to fight. If you jump off one of the roofs that are in game in real life, your going to hurt some part of your leg and you arn't going to walk very well, let alone run, therefore you are combat INEFFECTIVE.

Upvote 0
Don't forget all the equipment your carrying.

For the most part, especially in stalingrad, you don't take all your equipment with you. Thats the thing that bothers me about stalingrad, I mean guys are carrying around full backpacks and such, but in reality the soldiers at stalingrad carried only what they needed for the mission, they surely didn't want to lug around a full backpack while snipers were lurking.

Upvote 0
Its a fact that the majority of deaths by falling happen from two stories. Usually accidents. Not the roof of a two stories either. Like from the window of a two story house. Oh and my friend fell from a tree no more than 20 feet tall(retard I never fell) and broke his arm and spraigned an ankle. Im pretty sure he would have been combat ineffective

Upvote 0
Lt. Stephenson said:
I honestly think the fall damage is way to much. I fell two feet and died. When you jump off a roof of a house, you don't die, you hit the ground and live. The fall damage is way to much. Please fix.

How many rooftops have you jumped off of in your life? I can tell you how many I have- zero. Because you could seriously injure yourself. If you seriously injure yourself in RO, you are considered dead.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
How many rooftops have you jumped off of in your life? I can tell you how many I have- zero. Because you could seriously injure yourself. If you seriously injure yourself in RO, you are considered dead.
I'ved jumped off a roof 5 times. Got 20 dollars for doing it once. The four other times I was with my friends step-dad who fought in Desert Combat. He said when you hit the ground roll. But, if you break your leg, you should just limp around making your guy slow.

Upvote 0
Well most soldiers in world war two wern't exactly taught the roll tactic, except for the parachutists. Jumping off roofs isn't exactly a preferred tactic of the Wehrmacht or the Red Army, and considering you simply can't just roll in the game you are going to hurt your leg anyway, and a limping soldier is ineffective anyway. And if the devs do put in rolling for some strange reason, it would look stupid and be very overused.

Upvote 0
I've ran off several different roofs from the 2nd story (floor height, not the very top of the house @_@) and I've been able to hit the ground and keep jogging forward. Now, I'm a springy 16 year old, and I was jumping onto rather well manicured lawns, but I was still hella combat effective. RO's jump damage DOES need work; Coming from a german spawn on Odessa, I've sprinted over the large berm of dirt and my entire legs including the hip was put into the red. Now that's JUST sprinting, not jumping, over the 4 ft high (max) berm. Other stuff like your legs disassembling when you fall 15 feet need to be tweaked too; while it doesn't affect gameplay, and I agree your legs would break from those sorts of falls when you're not rolling, it still looks hokey.

Upvote 0
Well maybe they can add in, your movements slowed after jumping off a roof. People will think better of jumping off roofs if their movements are slowed down from the jump, making them easy targets to pick off. You should be able to fall 6ft and not die in the game or get injured. The wall by my house is 6ft. I jump off it plenty of times with no damage done.

Upvote 0
The jumping option might as well be replaced by a climb option. I see no reason for this game to have jumping soldiers.

No, wait, we need to get parachutes for all! Then by pressing "9" repeatedly we could base jump from the hangar roof and pwn the silly Russian n00bs, who could never see us coming. lol

NOT!

Upvote 0
Soup said:
...Coming from a german spawn on Odessa, I've sprinted over the large berm of dirt and my entire legs including the hip was put into the red. Now that's JUST sprinting, not jumping, over the 4 ft high (max) berm.
That berm is taller than the soldier model, so it could easily be six feet. It may even top seven for surety. It also drops off *very* acutely on the other side. Sprinting off of it would give you a drop of (conservatively) 6 feet, with no preparation. I'd say there's a very definite risk of injuries there.

Not to mention that soldiers have catlike abilities to maintian their orientation in the air, so that they're guaranteed to land feet first, instead of falling forwards from sprinting ;)

LordKhaine said:
I've broken my legs running down stairs in this game before. I'd say that's taking realism too far ;)
So you'd never break your legs or hurt yourself if you tripped on steps in real life? Bannisters exist for a reason. ;)

Granted, there do need to be changes: losing limbs to falling damage, for one. But the model itsself is fairly good. To reiterate: in RO incapacitaion = death, so all manner of twists and sprains apply.

Upvote 0