• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

history lesson while u wait

I was really hoping this area of the game would be greatly expanded so people could learn something instead of just watching a Photoshopped picture. The pictures are nice but they don't correspond to the map you're about to play. Kind of a let down for someone who is planning a map and going to great lengths to include historical accuracy but can never explain any of it to players. :( Oh well, we can't have everything.

Upvote 0
That would be a really great idea!
Reminds me of a documentation I saw lately on TV, it was about the eastern front in WWII! As a RO-fanatic I just *had* to watch it.

It told about the weapons, armory and main strategy of the oposing forces, but one of the most interesting parts were about important battlefights - like Stalingrad-Kessel:
For example I didn't know why exactly it was called "Kessel" - it's the german word for "boiler" if you take it literally, but its also used in the word "eingekesselt", which means surrounded. The germans had captured most of stalingrad, so it was virtually theirs, but the russians surrounded them nearly unnoticed and started whiping the weakened, torn germans out... Thats why the germans are defending on the map of stalingrad-kessel.

Background informations like that, maybe with a few illustrations a possibly a small map showing the strategies (you know, which those rather fat arrows telling the way of the troops and such) would greatly add to the game, since the devs did already keep an eye on historical correctness!

Upvote 0
Reznor said:
That would be a really great idea!
Reminds me of a documentation I saw lately on TV, it was about the eastern front in WWII! As a RO-fanatic I just *had* to watch it.

It told about the weapons, armory and main strategy of the oposing forces, but one of the most interesting parts were about important battlefights - like Stalingrad-Kessel:
For example I didn't know why exactly it was called "Kessel" - it's the german word for "boiler" if you take it literally, but its also used in the word "eingekesselt", which means surrounded. The germans had captured most of stalingrad, so it was virtually theirs, but the russians surrounded them nearly unnoticed and started whiping the weakened, torn germans out... Thats why the germans are defending on the map of stalingrad-kessel.

Background informations like that, maybe with a few illustrations a possibly a small map showing the strategies (you know, which those rather fat arrows telling the way of the troops and such) would greatly add to the game, since the devs did already keep an eye on historical correctness!
I thought "Kessel" means Kettle? Anyone I LOVE this idea and wish it was implemented.

Upvote 0