• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding cooperative tankers more easily ingame

krylosz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2006
Munich, Germany
Finding other people who like to cooperate in a tank can be rather tedious as most of us have experienced already. Phrases like "Get the hell out of my tank" discourage many people to even try to team up in tank and rather go solo. We are a group of tankers who like to change that.

We encourage everyone who likes Team-Tanking to add the [TT] tag as a suffix to his ingame name, in order to make it as easy as possible to spot other cooperative Team-Tankers, who like to share their tanks for some teamplay. If someone has a preference for driving or gunning, he can use a [TT.d] for driver or [TT.g] for gunner. Please keep it at the end of your name, as it ain't no clan tag and shouldn't be confused with one.

Wearing a [TT] tag is a statement, that you are willing to cooperate and communicate with your driver/gunner for the greater goods of your tank and your team. And of course to have fun :-D

It does not mean your an expert tanker, but willing to learn to be one! And you will if you team up with us ;-)

So if you see anyone wearing the [TT] tag waiting in a tank at spawn, feel free to hop in and have fun playing as a tank crew. Just don't take the tank, go into ramming speed and head off to enemy spawn :)

See you on the battlefield. Preferably in my tank :)
I'll drive :)

cheech.ger[TT.d]

Last edited:
Brilliant idea.

Would be awesome if something like this could be implemented into the game itself when selecting a tank man? As only readers of the forums would actualy use/understand such suffix's :p

Also i must say in my opinion it is more fun to have a full tank crew. But it is also v.possible to use a tank with only 1 person and still fun. I originaly thought you HAD to have 2-3 poeple to use a tank, but thankfully not. It is still intense and fun to use a tank by yourself. I know this is a slightly silly plus point to using a tank alone , but an opponent getting 3 kills rather than the 1 is also a minor point to having 3 poeple:p

Also relying on others at times can be fustrating sometimes being blind players,lazy, irritating, immature etc. Although im extremely glad to see RO has such a mature audience out there with the occasional immature gamer - which ive found can depend on the time at which i play RO eg earlier on more immature gamers, 6-8pm more mature fun players.

It would be brilliant to see more dedicated tank crews in the future. Anyone else agree selecting a suffix to your favoured tank position when choosing the tankman class is a good idea?

Regards,
ChaZ

Upvote 0
I'll give it a whirl fellas. Haven't had too much of a problem yet though since I'm usually ok with driving so long as the gunner will listen to what I'm telling them...lol.

Nothing worse than a gunner who ignores the fact that you just told them where an enemy is to scan the horizon with the turret! yar!

Monk

Upvote 0
yeah, i think it should be just driver or commander

i dont think too many would be willing to dedicate themselves to gunning the whole time

but i may be wrong

it does seem obvious too that you will more than likely see more commanders than drivers

so i think ill plan to be a driver for awhile and maybe switch it up.

It would be cool if a system was setup and like i mentioned earlier a community where after such awhile people could rotate which roles the had in tank teamwork or something.

but eh:eek: , i really like the idea as it is so far

Upvote 0