• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clanservers.com offering Red Orchestra Servers [ RO Preferred Provider ]

We switched our COD2 server from Clanservers.com to ROOST last week. Our server is out of Chicago (should be) and have had a good relationship with them. They have always been the cheapest server with good consistant low pings for those on the east and west coast. I didn't know Tripwire was working with them so it looks like we picked a winner as far as server providers. See you all tonight!

Upvote 0
This is probably a "stoopid noobie" question, but at Clanservers, they offer a game server. My question is, does it come with the game installed or do I ftp the game program up to their server and start the RO server there? Also, same question regarding a voice server: do they have Ventrilo or TS program there or do I ftp it up and start it there?
:eek:
Ike

Upvote 0
Ike said:
This is probably a "stoopid noobie" question, but at Clanservers, they offer a game server. My question is, does it come with the game installed or do I ftp the game program up to their server and start the RO server there? Also, same question regarding a voice server: do they have Ventrilo or TS program there or do I ftp it up and start it there?
:eek:
Ike

Unless you want a dedicated box (i.e. you're basically renting a complete PC that's connected to backbone internet) then the game will be installed for you (this is what most do - game installed and administered at the box level by the host)

You can have Vent or TS but it's not free. I have 40-slot Vent which is additional $8/mth on top of gameserver price

Upvote 0
|26|5th| JavaDoc said:
Unless you want a dedicated box (i.e. you're basically renting a complete PC that's connected to backbone internet) then the game will be installed for you (this is what most do - game installed and administered at the box level by the host)

You can have Vent or TS but it's not free. I have 40-slot Vent which is additional $8/mth on top of gameserver price

Don't know how you figure that out. Ventrilo OR Teamspeak is free with a server (number of ventrilo or teamspeak slots the same as total number of server slots) as far as I have been aware, as is webspace for your clansite. Been with clanservers for a year now - we run four servers plus ventrilo plus the clan website.

Upvote 0
=EGN=BiGDavE said:
Don't know how you figure that out. Ventrilo OR Teamspeak is free with a server (number of ventrilo or teamspeak slots the same as total number of server slots) as far as I have been aware, as is webspace for your clansite. Been with clanservers for a year now - we run four servers plus ventrilo plus the clan website.

i believe it isn't anymore. our european serer got a 32 player ts + webspace. The american server got nothing :p

Upvote 0
We are using a 30 R.o and 40 Man ts with webspace from clanservers...
No regrets changing over to clanservers They seem to have sorted out everything u need low pings i average 40 on infrantry maps and about 80 on Tanks maps with Artillary come over..

For the prices clanservers use i would urge any new clan or even old clans to use this server host....

-=eAc=-Trauma

check it out 212.187.209.142:7757

www.ea-corps.com

Upvote 0