• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis / Team stacking The Thread Reborn

Jet Black said:
There's loads of people with German army signatures, or names, or clans... aren't there any Russian ones?
Tons of russian divs/clans/units/etc. It's not all about the Germans.

There are some people in these boards and anywhere in the world that have a more fascist ideology(nothing wrong with that, political leanings are political leanings, regardless of history) and there are those with communist ideologies, I dare say they could be found in even numbers. These people like to play the soldiers who fought for their respective ideologies, no?

If I was a commie you'd see me on the Soviet team all the time. :)

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Tons of russian divs/clans/units/etc. It's not all about the Germans.

There are some people in these boards and anywhere in the world that have a more fascist ideology(nothing wrong with that, political leanings are political leanings, regardless of history) and there are those with communist ideologies, I dare say they could be found in even numbers. These people like to play the soldiers who fought for their respective ideologies, no?

If I was a commie you'd see me on the Soviet team all the time. :)

;)

Unless the Russia outnumbers Germany, in which case you should switch sides ;)

Upvote 0
I like to play as a machine gunner most of the time, and I much prefer the MG42 so I'll play the on the German side if I can. The problem is that I have a conscience. Because axis nearly always has more players, I can't willingly join that team and feel good about it so I usually end up on the Russian side. The last time I played axis was a week of game time ago.

It is an issue. :(

Upvote 0
Eater1 said:
It's because many Americans have Germany-army-fetishes, or worse, SS-fetishes.

The americans? Not according to all the pings I saw in the 10-12 days we played the game. The european players joining were far more of a problem than North American players with better pings. Could be perception but I dont think so.

Have they worked on or discussed the remedy for the broken balance - team whoring yet?

With a player base numbering hundreds now they better come up with something.

I wish I had purchased a physical copy so it wasnt linked to my CS Source account. Now I cant sell it, DAMNIT

Upvote 0
Interesting... Which maps do you play? Try Kaukasus and you'll see what a Soviet stack looks like. Everybody wants to sit on the hill and snipe the "stupid Germans" clambering up the ridge.

I most often play Axis despite the apparent superiority of Soviet weapons. I mean, you can't beat a 71-round PPSh in close combat (I often switch to any PPSh as soon as I find one), and it's a widely known fact that Russian rifles are better than the Kar98k... Even the SVT-40 gets a bayonet. Also, the Soviet grenades are much more predictable than potato mashers... The only unique weapon Germans get is the Sturmgewehr, and the Russkies counter this by getting the only AT-rifles in the game. So what's the problem here? Surely the weapons are balanced enough!

I agree only on the fact that the auto-balance has issues, which should be fixed ASAP.

Upvote 0
Auto-balance would fix that problem though, by forcing players back over to the other team.

Autobalance should be in the next patch (not saying it is, just saying what I believe should be important) along with 'no selection' showing up as spectators. Or at least out of the team rosters. The teamstacking does happen (more often with German than Russian, but both ways work) and hurts the fun.

Then you have the whole 'lol stfu n00b, jist play!' reaction from some when you mention the teams are stacked five up, but that is a whole different problem :rolleyes:

Upvote 0