• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis / Team stacking The Thread Reborn

There are people who never encountered axis teamstack? Seriously?
80% of the games I played had at least 2 more players on the axis side. Alright maybe not the whole round but nonetheless it is way too long. I can rarely play Germans, not that I care much but I guess it would be fun sometimes. What's especially disturbing, is people who are on the russian team but for some reason refuse to respawn (maybe until some slots on axis team are open?). So sometimes it's not only 2 people more on axis but additionally 2 russians that won't respawn.
Right now the only server that watches the teams well is the project.twilight server, I'd recommend it for all european players.

Upvote 0
Team stacking IS an issue, if you havn't seen it, you are one of the lucky few.

While I dont agree with anything else the original poster says (i much prefer using a PPSH over an MP40 for example, the M38 is a great rifle for mid range, and everyone's loves the SVT40) - I think the teams are balanced in gameplay terms very well, but team stacking is an issue.

Yoshiro says its a bug and will be FIXED, so thats good enough response from TW if you ask me...and if i'm not mistaken, they said the same thing in the last thread.

I often see the germans with 3-4 more players..this isn't always the fault of the players...I ALWAYS auto assign at the start, and quite often it puts me in the axis team, this is because it counts the connecting players, who for some reason show up as allies.

So we need to do the following:
  • Connecting players, show as "spectators"
  • Teams are FIXED until the end of round (so if you choose a team you cant swap back and forth, this perhaps could be timed, so you could swap, but only if you go into spec for a minute or something (this stops the end of round switchers).
  • Autobalance feature to balance the teams every minute, by switching the bottom players only when they DIE.
  • An admin "switch" feature, so you can manually swap players to the other side. (instead of threatening to kick them, which is what i've had to resort to).
  • And most importantly you cant choose the side with more players
---

CoD didn't have autobalance for a whole YEAR! and as a server admin i often had to tell people to swich sides, so it DID have this problem as well!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
http://happyfunclan.com/lonyo/Screenshots/general/teams2.JPG <-- from at least halfway through the first round of Kessel.

http://happyfunclan.com/lonyo/Screenshots/general/teams.JPG <-- about 1 or 2 mins into the game after a 1min prestart time (so about maybe 3 minutes after the server had started the map) People had also selected a class on allied, and then switched to axis.
I get that constantly and it takes me a while to load a map so more often than not germans already won the first round by the time I get there.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
it's also a reflection of the maturity level of the players. I like to play Germans, but if the teams are uneven, I play russians. server administration is key as well.

it is what it is fellas. no reason to drop a fine game like RO:O over it. :rolleyes:

I agree. I've only recently joined the ROOST fanclub and only have a bit of time to play when I'm not working, so having an enjoyable online experience is always important.

I have noticed the Axis stacking as well, but I switch whenever necessary (though it's not like I'm the best player, so me switching isn't much help :p ). The other night our team lost 2 hours worth of matches because of uneven teams, but it was still fun... I'd rather do the best I can and feel 'good' about it than stomp all over someone and see that we're up by 5 players.

But I guess some people just don't care. It's especially hard though when you're on the losing side and the next round people from YOUR side switch over to Axis just to win. It's also too bad when Clan players stack one side - that's especially discouraging since you know they're all on TS AND they have more players. If it's your server and it's a match, of course you should all be on one side - but when you're pubbing, it'd be nice to see Clans split up.

Don't see any problems with the Russian weapons, though. Ah, well. Great game anyway ;) Hope we get more players...

Upvote 0
Shepherd said:

Actually, while the teams on your picture certainly are uneven numerical, I get the feeling the battle was quite even anyhow. Looking at individual score, it looks like the russians did ok.
And I like even teams numerical, but there is no fun to be 17-17 if the one team just runs over the other time after time after time again.

Upvote 0
The Russians got pinned down quickly since our tanks only camped and we had no artillery support. After some dude called paddy and me got in a tank we managed to break through the German lines until they had no more reinforcements left. Luckily we could capture the last objective in time.
I posted this screenshot because it is representative for the whole dilemma. Not only more people on axis side but people intentionally not respawning, which breaks the Russian team's neck on 90% of the maps. I'll post another picture of StalingradKessel later.

Upvote 0
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
Actually, while the teams on your picture certainly are uneven numerical, I get the feeling the battle was quite even anyhow. Looking at individual score, it looks like the russians did ok.
And I like even teams numerical, but there is no fun to be 17-17 if the one team just runs over the other time after time after time again.

Konigsplatz isn't even a fight.
End of the first round, with 5 minutes left and despite the Russians having a fair few less players there were 0% reinforcements.
The Russians won with maybe 4 men less with 2 minutes to spare, after the germans had been worn down many minutes earlier.
In that second round it was a case of about 10 minutes left (half the round time) and about 35~30% reinforcements. The Russians probably won (I left before the end).

But the problem is still there in terms of teams, but it doesn't always unbalance maps. In maps like Konigsplatz where the Axis 99% of the time run out of reinforcements it's hard for axis to win whatever the teams. On other maps it's different though.

I think we need both team balancing sorting, and some improvements on map balancing.

Upvote 0
Guys. War isn't fair. As this game was made for realism, try to play 7 v 14. But of course it's a realism game. Like in Saving Private Ryan, when they were holding the bridge they had to take on a lot more guys than they had. 13 (guess) v 60 (guess). So be happy with a 12 v 14 map. The game is dang awesome no matter if the teams are stacked.

Upvote 0
I see where you're coming from, but there are 2 problems with that reasoning:

1) No matter how realistic this game is, it's still a game.
2) If people always have the attitude that teams being unfair is OK, then fewer newbies will ever join and play.

It may be fun for some to fight uphill, I've been there, but sometimes it sucks to get beaten to the ground repeatedly everytime you play a game... if that happens, you'll get more and more people leaving until all that's left is a small community that, while good, won't really be enough to keep a game afloat.

You seem to think that unfair teams is OK because it's 'realistic', but respawning after you die is fine ;)

Upvote 0