• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
121cr.jpg

Help me plz ! I execute the file "Red Orchestra.exe" and see this error.

What i can do for fix this?
:confused:

Upvote 0
oh sorry, that looked like the norton bug, haven't seen that error before. Be sure to check out the steam error page and send in a support ticket on it.

Also be sure to list what your system specs are both there and here and any third party programs such as firewalls and antispyware/virus progs you are running.

keep in mind, any errors that happen before RO launches are most likely a Steam problem and should be sent to steam support first.

Upvote 0
It works !!!

It works !!!

1) Within the Steam UI, browse to File->Settings->Run Steam When Windows Starts and deselect this check box.

2) Close Steam

3) Find the shortcut to launching Steam on your desktop and add the following to the command line:

-clientbeta fs

Here is an example:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -clientbeta fs

4) Use the modified shorctut to launch steam with the beta ZoneAlarm fix enabled.

Thank You ,it works fine.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro and R1rico thank you for advices, but i don't have problems with a steam and other problems with other software.

I can close a steam and start RO, but error jump out again.

I don't use a zonealarm, i use a Outpost FW pro + avast antivirus.

But i will tried shut down them after start RO and error jump out again.

I don't know what i can do for start RO.

R1rico I tried to make all that you have told, but it has not helped.

:(

P.S. Sorry for my very bad English... i hope you will understand me... :))

Upvote 0
Stanislav said:
I had this problem. Go into your steam folder and delete 'ClientRegistry.blob' then go into your steamapps/username/ and delete your red orchestra folder. Then run steam and open red orchestra. It should be working.:)

Edit: You might want to copy both of them to another folder in case something goes wrong, You can just paste them both back.
**** I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am still updating though

Upvote 0
Fill said:
Yoshiro and R1rico thank you for advices, but i don't have problems with a steam and other problems with other software.

I can close a steam and start RO, but error jump out again.

I don't use a zonealarm, i use a Outpost FW pro + avast antivirus.

But i will tried shut down them after start RO and error jump out again.

I don't know what i can do for start RO.

R1rico I tried to make all that you have told, but it has not helped.

:(

P.S. Sorry for my very bad English... i hope you will understand me... :))
Did you try turning off your antivirus before you started ROOST?

Upvote 0
Hi Fill,

Red Orchestra will not work while you are in Safe Mode. But you can try this (see below):
  1. Log on to Windows as a user with administrative privileges.
  2. Click Start->Run. In the Open textbox, type msconfig then press OK.
  3. In System Configuration Utility, click the General tab. In Startup Selection section, click Diagnostic Startup. Click Apply.
  4. While still in System Configuration Utility, click Services tab. In Services column, click DHCP client. Click Apply. Click OK.
  5. When the System Configuration pop-up dialog appears, click Restart.
  6. After the restart is complete, try to run Red Orchestra and see if the Debug Assertion no longer appears.
If the Debug Assertion no longer appears after doing the above, Red Orchestra has a conflict with one of your installed programs somewhere.

Upvote 0
kAMIKAZE

Thanks big for advice. I have made all as you have told. But error has all the same jumped out. Means RO does not clash with any program.

When i press button "try again" jump out new critical error with this text:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2425 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (8195)

General protection fault!

History: FMallocWindows::Free

:mad:

Upvote 0
In your first post, you say that you are executing the redorchestra.exe file.

Are you starting up Steam and then launching red orchestra from the games tab? You should either do that, or use a shortcut that has the following command line: E:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 1200

(The yellow should be replaced with the correct path to your Steam.exe file.)

I've tried running RO from the executable, and don't get the same error as you have posted. However, in view of your first post, I thought perhaps we should all be clear on the way you were starting Red Orchestra.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
In your first post, you say that you are executing the redorchestra.exe file.

Are you starting up Steam and then launching red orchestra from the games tab? You should either do that, or use a shortcut that has the following command line: E:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 1200

(The yellow should be replaced with the correct path to your Steam.exe file.)

I've tried running RO from the executable, and don't get the same error as you have posted. However, in view of your first post, I thought perhaps we should all be clear on the way you were starting Red Orchestra.

Floyd

Thanks big! It also is the decision of a problem! I have made it already according to one friend at other forum!! But you too have prompted very truly thanks!

Upvote 0
Jit Bug, You haven't seen it?

Jit Bug, You haven't seen it?

Yoshiro said:
oh sorry, that looked like the norton bug, haven't seen that error before. Be sure to check out the steam error page and send in a support ticket on it.

Also be sure to list what your system specs are both there and here and any third party programs such as firewalls and antispyware/virus progs you are running.

keep in mind, any errors that happen before RO launches are most likely a Steam problem and should be sent to steam support first.

You have not seen that bug befor, the jit bug? My god man, where have you been! Tripup, errr Tripwire has one week remaining to find and fix this bug, or I will return to the store and get my money back. Nice Norton blame try too, weren't you guys trying to blame Steam earlier? Fix it. I grow weary of this

Upvote 0
Cubswin said:
You have not seen that bug befor, the jit bug? My god man, where have you been! Tripup, errr Tripwire has one week remaining to find and fix this bug, or I will return to the store and get my money back. Nice Norton blame try too, weren't you guys trying to blame Steam earlier? Fix it. I grow weary of this

That is a different JIT bug from the one I have seen, which is why I first thought it was the norton/steam bug. It could actually be the same thing, I don't know how the (is that russian?) russian steam is coded and that might be the same error.

This is the Norton/Steam bug

PreCondition Assertion Failed
---------------------------
Name: ValidPositiveOffset
Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310
( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove ) <= m_sPath.length()) )
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)
---------------------------
Abort Retry Ignore

And we are working on it. I tested a fix yesterday that did not work, but changed the error message. I will be keeping you guys up to date as I know many of you run Norton.

Upvote 0
Stanislav said:
I had this problem. Go into your steam folder and delete 'ClientRegistry.blob' then go into your steamapps/username/ and delete your red orchestra folder. Then run steam and open red orchestra. It should be working.:)

Edit: You might want to copy both of them to another folder in case something goes wrong, You can just paste them both back.

i have this same problem.

i also tried that fix but i still get the same message.

i tried going to "my computer" "c drive" "program files" "steam" etc etc

anyone know what is wrong?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.