• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your patch made the gameplay...

My motion blur has suddenly turned to blackout now, which is really crude, the motion blur gives atmosphere whilst the blackout thing is just damn anoying.

I read the update that there was a fix for some exploit about motion blur, i wasnt using any exploit? I just had Motion Blur ticked :)

Direct 3D mode btw.

Thorpy.

Oh and that memory leakage fix... Was it supposed to make the maps load quicker or just reduce RO killing our CPU's? Thanks.

Oh yea i have the official patch if it makes a difference! :D

Listen, i had motion blur working perfectly fine on D3D.

I was NOT in D3D 9 mode because i can barely move the cursor on the menu in D3D 9. The cursor moves perfectly fine in D3D, i ran the game ONCE in D3D 9 and it ran horribly, after that i just used D3D and i know that motion blur was working BEFORE the patch because magically after steam updated RO everytime a nade went off it went black.

Upvote 0
And since you deleted your redorchestra.ini you might want to do a few tweaks to it since it reset. The stuff not bolded you shouldn't touch.

Change:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb

to

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=64
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb

since you have 512 ram. And you might want to set precatch to false on your system.

You can do this by changing

[Engine.LevelInfo]
PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
MeshLODDetailLevel=MDL_High
bLowSoundDetail=False
DecalStayScale=2.000000
bNeverPrecache=false

to

[Engine.LevelInfo]
PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
MeshLODDetailLevel=MDL_High
bLowSoundDetail=False
DecalStayScale=2.000000
bNeverPrecache=true

And hop on IRC so we can try and figure this out faster :) #redorchestra on irc.gamesurge.net . Oh and now that I think of it, make sure mouse smoothing is off in settings as it can be known to cause lag on some systems (yours might be one).

Upvote 0
There are actually 3 scope settings, it got reset on your change. You can find them in settings model small, large, and texture, or you can hit I think F12 ingame to change it. And I think you need D3D 9 for the models to work again, but I could be wrong on this one.

Try switching over to D3d9 and starting your own practice server and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0