• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 3 - SI-07 (CYST) Reveal

Deployed as infantry units in militaries across the globe, the SI is one of Horzine’s most in-demand bioweapons solutions. Our most recent model comes to market with a variety of new features—including a biological projectile that can cause temporary blindness. Affordable and adaptable, this next-generation fighter delivers the tactical edge necessary for battlefield dominance.

cystconceptart.jpg

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 257 featured items
Deployed as infantry units in militaries across the globe, the SI is one of Horzine’s most in-demand bioweapons solutions. Our most recent model comes to market with a variety of new features—including a biological projectile that can cause temporary blindness. Affordable and adaptable, this next-generation fighter delivers the tactical edge necessary for battlefield dominance.

cystconceptart.jpg

Last edited:
Foreskin head !

Now that's a much better design than the weaklings we had in KF2... Standing at 1.93m tall no less? Can't remember them being that tall in the second game either ! Sure, they're maybe a tad too similar to the possessed from Doom... But at least, they look like proper monsters begging to get blasted by a shotgun !

I'm also curious about their "nickname" being Cambion... If mythology serves me right, it could indicate that cysts are the "children" of much more powerful zeds... That'd be interesting to see a new symbiosis between multiple creatures. But maybe I'm looking way too hard into it...

I sure hope it means the hype train is finally kicking in, and that we'll see plenty of new content on a regular basis. I'm all for frequent bite-sized teaser like this !

The only fear I have now is regarding their "blindness" ability... It would surely set them apart from Slashers and Clots, and make them a far scarier opponent than the mere cannon-fodder they used to be. But going blind in a FPS...? That sounds incredibly annoying... I do hope it's more of a somewhat blurry screen than anything, and an ability that you can avoid most of the time unless you're not paying attention. If cysts still spawn in squads, I'm shaking at the idea of having 4-5 of them lobbing projectiles at my face at once !

Reactions: MK.
I'm also curious about their "nickname" being Cambion... If mythology serves me right, it could indicate that cysts are the "children" of much more powerful zeds... That'd be interesting to see a new symbiosis between multiple creatures. But maybe I'm looking way too hard into it...
I could be wrong here, but Cambion is listed as their weapon class so I think its sort of the in-universe version of referring to Cysts as "trash zeds".
Clots, Slashers, Crawlers, etc would all be Cambion Class specimens while a Flesh Pound or Scrake would be Demon class or something.

Upvote 0
I could be wrong here, but Cambion is listed as their weapon class so I think its sort of the in-universe version of referring to Cysts as "trash zeds".
Clots, Slashers, Crawlers, etc would all be Cambion Class specimens while a Flesh Pound or Scrake would be Demon class or something.
That is an interesting theory....

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Expanding on my earlier post...

The new Cyst looks amazing! I'm glad to see Tripwire using UE5 to its fullest and making enemies with remarkable design. It looks like... well, you know what it looks like! I can't wait to fight these.

All I ask is that you please keep player experience and accessibility in the front of your minds when designing enemy capabilities. Sometimes I really can't play Killing Floor because the screen effects are way too much, and that isn't helped by not having a stable, unmoving crosshair in the center of the screen.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Foreskin head !

Now that's a much better design than the weaklings we had in KF2... Standing at 1.93m tall no less? Can't remember them being that tall in the second game either ! Sure, they're maybe a tad too similar to the possessed from Doom... But at least, they look like proper monsters begging to get blasted by a shotgun !

I sure hope it means the hype train is finally kicking in, and that we'll see plenty of new content on a regular basis. I'm all for frequent bite-sized teaser like this !

The only fear I have now is regarding their "blindness" ability... It would surely set them apart from Slashers and Clots, and make them a far scarier opponent than the mere cannon-fodder they used to be. But going blind in a FPS...? That sounds incredibly annoying... I do hope it's more of a somewhat blurry screen than anything, and an ability that you can avoid most of the time unless you're not paying attention. If cysts still spawn in squads, I'm shaking at the idea of having 4-5 of them lobbing projectiles at my face at once !
Bloat's have this ability already in previous games,i don't think it's gonna be like flashbang

Upvote 0