• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People aren't aggressive enough

SyntH

Mar 13, 2006
Am I the only one frustrated on maps like Kaukakus where the Germans never effectively rush the courtyard, and instead sit back taking pot shots only to get blown up by a nade? It's annoying. People on offense need to show some urgency and play aggressively.

I'm not saying that people just commit suicide. But too often people sit prone on offense, waiting to see if the enemy will come into their view. If the enemy isn't there, ADVANCE! People seem to fail to understand that they can advance safely and quickly, and don't need to sit on their asses and be wannabe snipers, only to get naded by the defense.

I don't think it is that people aren't aggressive enough, they just know when it is suicide to try! Some are also just waiting to set up a group assault, and end up getting picked off waiting for enough guys. Others just run up that hill assaulting the monestary by themselves, sometimes make it, sometimes don't.
I myself would rather make the team effort.

Defense on that map is a tough nut to crack. It is also tough to get everyone to coordinate an assault, as that is the only way to win against a semi-competent Russian team.

There are also the matter of reinforcements to worry about. The faster your team dies...

Whenever I play that map, there are always a few people who do try to set up a team effort (good for them). Still, there are lots that don't, and the end result is a piecemeal attack, which usually fails.

Upvote 0
It also has to do with experience.
I was with a somewhat unexperienced german team at Krasni and most of them proned after capping the first objective. If we stormed en masse the defense would have crumbled outside, but we didn't.
In fact only 2 of us stormed and got killed every time without hurting them seriously. After trying to motivate them to push on for 20 minutes I left the server.
Guess they weren't ready yet to die with honour but win the map :)
Maybe better luck next time.

Monk.

Upvote 0
SyntH said:
Am I the only one frustrated on maps like Kaukakus where the Germans never effectively rush the courtyard, and instead sit back taking pot shots only to get blown up by a nade? It's annoying. People on offense need to show some urgency and play aggressively.

I'm not saying that people just commit suicide. But too often people sit prone on offense, waiting to see if the enemy will come into their view. If the enemy isn't there, ADVANCE! People seem to fail to understand that they can advance safely and quickly, and don't need to sit on their asses and be wannabe snipers, only to get naded by the defense.

i totally agree with you mate.

it amazes me the amount of ruskies who sit about camping on maps like Odessa, where you need to continually push forward to have a chance of winning...honestly it is just astounding, i spawn and run outside (the 2nd ruskie spawn) and their are quite often 3-4 people right outside the spawn area!
I've got so fed up with it i go up and shoot round about them just to give them the jitters! before shouting "go go go!"

:D

Upvote 0
One thing after years of tactical FPS online gaming that I have continually noticed is how the most aggrressive side ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS wins the game.

Another thing I have noticed is that the opposite side always gets quite intimidated by the agressiveness of the opposing side and actually puts themselves into the "**** these guys are too good I better keep lower and be more carefull" mindset and thus, the agressive side continues to own their arses over and over again.

The trick is to believe they are not as good as they are which takes practice.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
i totally agree with you mate.

it amazes me the amount of ruskies who sit about camping on maps like Odessa, where you need to continually push forward to have a chance of winning...honestly it is just astounding, i spawn and run outside (the 2nd ruskie spawn) and their are quite often 3-4 people right outside the spawn area!
I've got so fed up with it i go up and shoot round about them just to give them the jitters! before shouting "go go go!"

:D
Ran into the exact same situation last night, basically it was lonely Mr. Kong rushing the objectives and killing most every enemy inside. Only to be killed a few seconds later by the reinforcments. There is only so much you can do when your entire team is camping...:mad:

Upvote 0
Zawath said:
Camping really ruins the game. I think the game should automatically kill you if you stay in the same place for too long and don't take any objectives. This feature would only be for the attackers of course.

lol :D u could have a Bot commader standing at the back with a PPSH ready to spray anybody who dares to go prone!

Upvote 0
BadKarma said:
Brilliant idea!:rolleyes:
For the attackers it's a good idea given some of the things we've seen on servers.
e.g. people camping by the rocks near the German tower spawn on Kaukasus, covering the main courtyard entrance, instead of moving up and getting in the cap zone to cap the damned courtyard.
Safe to say we lost that match, even though a few times we got men in the courtyard, but the rest of the team just did not move up and help cap.

It's a little extreme, but it is a serious problem that attackers camp and it doesn't help complete the objectives AT ALL, it just makes for a really bad game most of the time.

Upvote 0
I agree...

I've gotten away with a few quite insane rush-attacks (stuff like running directly trough an Arty Barrage, making it then taking out two guys on the other side and entering their trench), this actually seems to be what I do best.

It's a fine path, however - uselessy wasting reinforcements is stupid, but when you have plenty of reinfs and do not attack, you will lose just as well. Experienced players know when to save lifes, and when to grind lives into ground taken.

Upvote 0
What is weird is that in the mod the people had played so long that Kaukasus was almost unwinnable for the allies because the Germans would rush in and hit it so hard, EVERY GAME, EVERY ROUND that allies could rarely win the map.

So playing with relatively new players in the full ver gets FRUSTRATING for me for such an easy map, especially with the new capping rules.

In the old version you could recapture the tower at any time as Russians, this is how you had to play to win the map in the mod. If the tower was taken by the germans you re-took it or you lost (this would force the spawns to be inconvenient for the germans). Now you have to defend the courtyard and it should be easy for the Germans to own this map like neve rbefore but it never happens.

Upvote 0
I dont notice this with infantry but with tanks. I often see on tank maps that since many got bythemselves in a tank they find a spot, sit there and just shoot across the map at other tanks. Seems like there is no effort made to move up, which wouldnt be a problem had they taken a drive with them.

Upvote 0
There are lots of aggressive players out there and I enjoy fighting with/along side them. But also lots who are still learning to be aggressive. Yes it is tough not to get killed quickly if you are leading a charge but someone has to.

My single tip for those people:
Get right on top of any objective and give your enemy hell. No hanging back if you have a SMG! And always have your bayonet ready to stick in someone's back.

Upvote 0