• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which maps should be replaced and why?

Which maps should be replaced and why?

• Arad

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • BaksanValley

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Barashka

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Basovka

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Bondarevo

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Hedgehog

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Kaukasus

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Koningsplatz

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • KrasnyiOktyabr

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Odessa

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ogledow

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Stalingradkessel

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ron said:
What do people have against barshka honestly sniping or tanking on that level is one of my favourite pastimes in this game.
I hate Barashka and baksan Valley because each map is just a giant stalemate. I have never seen a team win on Barashka and I've only seen one team win on Baksan (I took Russian mill all by myself :D) and both maps are very boring.

I like all the other maps though.

Upvote 0
LOL the one i would have chosen isnt on there:
Rakowise
I dont like this map just because it seems like most of the map area is wasted or unused...

Sclass12 said:
I hate Barashka and baksan Valley because each map is just a giant stalemate. I have never seen a team win on Barashka and I've only seen one team win on Baksan (I took Russian mill all by myself :D) and both maps are very boring.
I like all the other maps though.
I Love those kinds of maps...because it makes it jsut that much more intense.
And barashka is too big for a Inf. map and almost too small for a tank map...
1-2 out of 3 tanks end up being used as mobile arti, camping up on a hill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ivan The Terrible said:
Well, the only map I could do without is Kaukasus. If the Allies play their cards right on that map they can get to the cliff edges near the Axis spawn and stop them from even setting foot on any of the paths up the hills. Capture those cliff edges and nade spam the Axis below and the map is over. Spawn, get your nade out, run to the cliff edge and bombs away...repeat till map ends LOL!
True. If russians aren't complete noobs germans have no chance to capture more then one or two posts. Well if it's something around 30 players in the server. If germans had for example one sniper it would make it possible to breach russians defence somewhere. If theres less players it's easier since then it's harder to spread their team everywhere..

Upvote 0
Quietus said:
All maps are great. It's mostly up to your teamates & opponents to make it either awesome, boring, or frustrating.
VERY TRUE!
its very important that players learn that a battle is best won as a Team.
Knowing each soldiers Role, Duties, and Capability is key.
Learn all that there is to know about your weapons...strengths, weaknesses.
Understanding your team and your teammates strength, weaknesses.

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
Lol. So eh, whats wrong with beefed up improved maps? We could have deleted them, so you would have been playing Retail with 4 to 6 maps total... WOW! :rolleyes:
You can add all the new textures and foliage you want. It's not going to change the fact that the map still plays exactly the same way as it did a year ago. I would of waited longer for new maps to be made.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
You can add all the new textures and foliage you want. It's not going to change the fact that the map still plays exactly the same way as it did a year ago. I would of waited longer for new maps to be made.
It's not going to change the fact that it still plays exactly the same way because we liked them exactly that way. Duh.

Upvote 0
Barashka

I find this map pretty frustrating. The terrain is not really suitable for infantry or tanks and it feels like it's lacking coherent objectives. I suppose you could get something out of the long range armor combat, but there are not enough tanks to keep everyone happy, and the tank combat mostly consists of two tanks shooting at each other over the bridges.

The infantry combat is really spread out, that is, if you manage to get over the river without being sniped during. I can move around the map for minutes on 32 player server without seeing anyone.

The visual side could also use more detail, especially the river part.

What to fix? Well, the combat should be concencrated on few areas, not around the map. It needs more coherent objectives. In my opinion, half of the map could be cut out, including the smaller bridge, and making more the river part harder to cross. Moving pieces of ice would really add to the map. It should also be made impossible for the tanks to cross. I really doubt a 55 ton Tiger could cross a river -note, streaming river, not a frozen lake- without sinking there. It could have some intensive combat over the railroad bridge, which the map should in my opinion concencrated on.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for sharing your vote and opinion! :)

here's the score for now;

1. Arad
2. BaksanValley
3. Barashka
4. Kaukasus

Suprisingly there are allot of different opinions on this poll. I think the staff and the devellopers should look at these results the improve the game.
This Poll is far from over, i'm curious how it wil end up.

Upvote 0