• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Old RO maps?

Most of you don't seem to realise that most of the maps you're listing are not now and never were, official maps. They were customs and as such, will NEVER be included by the devs. The only ones that may get ported are the ones that are from the later versions of the mod (like Danzig and Jucha) that they can get permission from the original authors. e.g. Danzig was originally a custom map made by Stuman, one of Epic's mappers. They would need his permission before they could even consider porting.

Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:
Most of you don't seem to realise that most of the maps you're listing are not now and never were, official maps. They were customs and as such, will NEVER be included by the devs. The only ones that may get ported are the ones that are from the later versions of the mod (like Danzig and Jucha) that they can get permission from the original authors. e.g. Danzig was originally a custom map made by Stuman, one of Epic's mappers. They would need his permission before they could even consider porting.

Go read the Level Design forums and youll see Dingbat is strongly in support of getting directly involved with including custom made map ports. If you mean "officially" included in an official release then you might be right.

Upvote 0
Kiotoss nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Never speak of it again!

Every other map played in the MOD days was that map beginning with K .... sigh. Mr & Mrs Rambo loved it with their fancy SMG hip shooting, spawn camping ways.

Dont ever bring it back!

However, Red Square and Jucha were rather good custom maps IMHO

Upvote 0
DeV said:
All I can say is let those maps die..
Porting all those old maps over is going to kill the game..

Wonderful statement and even better arguments.

How exactly are those maps going to kill the game? Nobody is claiming that we need to port over every custom map that's been created. We're talking about 3-4 good maps that people loved playing in the mod. Give them a graphical update and perhaps minor gameplay changes and we got a few more nice maps to add to the map rotation. Maps that most newcommers in the Red Orchestra community never got to play.

I'm all for new custom maps but why shouldn't we play a few good oldies. If the newly created maps are better than the mod maps then people will stop playing them eventually. But until then we should be able to enjoy some of the mod maps.

Upvote 0
Porechye ftw. Most of you never heard of that map but it was like the ultimate rifle skill map for russians. Hard for the russians if you didn't want to go THROUGH a minefield. But I've seen the russians win a couple of times(always when I was russian). So when there was a good leader you could win it. I realy want to see it again.

And redsquare

Upvote 0
The one thing this game needs is more maps...

Some of the "custom" maps from the old game were absolutely beautiful. To be perfectly frank, now that I've played the game for a few weeks, I'm getting a bit bored playing the same maps over and over again. Some new custom maps would make the game a lot more interesting for me.

Personally I hope that we are able to gain access to more maps than just the ones that the devs get around to making. Most of the custom maps from the Mod were pretty fair and fun.

Upvote 0