• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

European situation

DeadAim

Feb 17, 2006
Well I live in England and was waiting for RO to hit out shelves. So its been 2 and a bit weeks so i checked round all my game shops near me (Game, Gamestation) and these are the biggest game companies in the UK and they said they probably won't get any RO in stock because its not popular enough in the USA and they may lose out on money
your thoughts?

Yes, its the US box, I got it from that same shop about a week ago. Us germans sometimes have to buy import versions cause of the censorship laws on games that contain gore etc (and the german RO box is not out yet and is gonna be cut ofc) ^^ ... there is a german shop that sells US games too, just in case the austrian store won't ship to the UK. Check http://www.okaysoft.de and you can ask them (yes, in english too) if they ship to the UK. Afaik, they do (and they got RO in stock as well).

Upvote 0
DeadAim said:
Well I live in England and was waiting for RO to hit out shelves. So its been 2 and a bit weeks so i checked round all my game shops near me (Game, Gamestation) and these are the biggest game companies in the UK and they said they probably won't get any RO in stock because its not popular enough in the USA and they may lose out on money
your thoughts?

Unless a game is exceptionally popular, any store release is going to be severely screwed up by a Steam or other download release, simply because a large chunk of potential buyers will have already bought it. That just leaves the casual drop-in trade, which RO isn't likely to appeal to much, anyway.

As well as those stores, none of the online players (amazon.co.uk, play.com or sendit.com) have it listed, either. If I were you I'd either buy a US copy, or via Steam rather than hang around indefinately waiting for something that may well not happen. If you don't have a credit card, give the cash to someone who has and ask nicely!

Upvote 0
I'm in Austria and didn't even know about that store ;)

Got my box from a friend in the US - word of warning:

When I installed Steam with german language, the only avalable Gore Options were "none" and "reduced". After a reinstall with english language, it's now "none" and "full".

Not sure if it's just a mixup with the .int file, or if the german install really automatically reduces to less gore. The english install sure is bloody.

Upvote 0
Well im hopin it will start to arrive in Europe this week, even if its just via the online retailers. That should then start to get things goin and push up the player base for this game. Alot of ppl will wait till a demo is out b4 buying so they can get a feel for the game, which you cant blame em.
I decided i wanted this game after lookin at all the media and vids of this game, plus readin any reviews i found which so far are all sounding good.
I like the fact that the tanks can have crews in em and not just one person drivin n firin at will like it has been in all other games, also the fact that each map is objective based and leans towards teamplay and not the standard highest team kills win ect...
Already tryin to convert others to this game so no doubt i will be busy once i have it by havin friends come over to try it out, beats waitin on a demo if i manage to do it that way.
Any one have a good list of online retailers in Europe? I got a few of em but im sure theres alot more out there.

On another note i noticed that so far 63 votes have been cast on clanbase askin for a RO ladder, lets hope that will rise once we have it over here.

BrYTaC.

Upvote 0
Piron said:
I'm sorry, but thats a rip off. They are asking 39,99 euro, thats 48,43 usd. And I presume thats even without taxes and delivery.

yes mate it is a rip off but that is the price us euros have to pay to enjoy our games (retail prices suck here) but i got it for 30 bucks from steam thanks tripwire + steam. so if you guys have got a cc get it from steam, and send a message to the rip-off bloated companys.
i will not name them here(destineer aint 1 of them) as we all know who they are. not to mention that downloading ro through steam, the more money goes into tripwires coffers (more money for future games).
i understand not everyone has a credit card, but if you do there is no reason not to download it through steam. you can back up your games if you want, and download the game to any comp you use, it is the way of the future.....*end of sermon gets off soapbox*..:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
snake byte.. said:
yes mate it is a rip off but that is the price us euros have to pay to enjoy our games (retail prices suck here) but i got it for 30 bucks from steam thanks tripwire + steam. so if you guys have got a cc get it from steam, and send a message to the rip-off bloated companys.
RO isnt released in Europe yet, so they are selling american import versions. Basicly they let you pay twice for shipping and taxes. My advice to us europeans who want a boxed version is to wait another week - 2 weeks until amazon.co.uk, amazon.de or other sites start selling RO, or if you are lucky on the shelves in a local shop. (I got it through steam btw)
What puzzles me too is this credit card story. You need a credit card to buy through Steam, but you also need a credit card to buy from an online store, so why not buy it from Steam?

Upvote 0