• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

adjusting mouse sensitivity ONLY in IS

Monkwarrior

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Gents,

I have been fooling around with the local user.ini, but until now no success.
My goal is: when a bolt player goes into IS his mouse sensitivity should be way lower then the default mouse-sensitivity. After all we want to take that "long-range" shots with some accuracy now do we.

The normal mouse-sensitivity should return when I leave IS, I don't want to loose the ability to do quick turns after all: especially when doing melee.

My request: is there anybody who can "code" this into the client-side ?
Any solution is appreciated.
After all I'm too old to hit anything with a mouse-sensitivity of 3.00000 :D

Monk.

Along those same lines: SMGs should have higher sensitivity.

You should look at the "Mouse Acceleration" settings. It's not exactly what you're looking for but it might help (make big accelerated moves when getting the gun basically lined up then use smaller non-accelerated movements when you get closer to the target.)

Upvote 0
Ok found it.
Add this line in your user.ini:

Mouse4=set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 1 | onrelease set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 2.5

Replace mouse4 with the key you want to use as key for lowering your sensitivity temporarily (1 in this case). If you release the button the sensitivity is set to the last number again (2.5 in this case).

Enjoy, Monk.

ps not ideal but making it work with the Iron-Sight-key is not something I prefer.

Upvote 0
cool, thanks for that. i put it on my sprint key. ya i like low sensitivity ;/

Shift=Button bSprint | set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 0.3 | onrelease set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 0.75

so ya my guy turns slower if im sprinting which doesnt bother me. but when im stationary i can use shift to make minute aiming adjustments. which might actually be better than having it work with your IS button. very nice!

Upvote 0
I currently use a Logitech Mx518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse and can access three levels of tracking sensitivity,
1600dpi
800dpi
400dpi
default @ 800dpi

Also, all I have to do is access the advanced options and I can pretty much set this bad boy up to whatever floats my boat. As well as the buttons are directly above the wheel and I have no problem getting to them immeadiatly. Whether I need speed to swing my MG fast or slow down my sniper rifle for a quick steady shot.
Then again it's only my comfortable preference, their are options availble to you.
Good Luck
and
Good Gaming ! ! !

Upvote 0