• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

LOVE the game, hate the bots . . .

Well, I think the game itself is excellent, don't get me wrong.

BUT . . .

There is nothing worse than being out of the main field of action with a StuG II or a t-34 for that matter, lining up an enemy tank with a perfectly placed shot just beneath the armour line between a couple of wheels in the weak spot of the engine compartment critical hit zone . . . only to have a friggin bot jump in the tank, start moving it around in their usual nonsensical crazy circles and utterly ruin your shot.

Something MUST be done about this. Fighting the enemy is one thing. Fighting the bots is another.

I know it's maddening. One thing you can do is under the control options/vehicle commands is bind whatever key you want for the "stop" command and that'll stop the bot from moving your tank. Until I figured that out I was just jumping out of the tank, shooting it with pistol to prompt bot to get out then assassinating him. lol.

EDIT: beat to it.

Upvote 0
Maltodextrin said:
bind v-6-9 to an easy-to-access key, it's the voice command for get out, if memory serves. It'll help solve the mad bot driver problem.

no.... you can press that key a few million times but the same bot will keep getting into the tank

also bots (specifically non-tank crew) need to stop ignoring objectives while trying to get into a vehicle they can't get into

Upvote 0
Quietus said:
I know it's maddening. One thing you can do is under the control options/vehicle commands is bind whatever key you want for the "stop" command and that'll stop the bot from moving your tank. Until I figured that out I was just jumping out of the tank, shooting it with pistol to prompt bot to get out then assassinating him. lol.

EDIT: beat to it.

That's funny, I was going to post the same thing... A lot of the time they don't listen to the commands. Or they get out (I have the delete key bound to "Get out"), and jump right back in before you have a chance to get out and shoot them. ("Friendly Fire!!!")

I was playing on Ogledow as the Germans on a server with half bots and half humans. The bots would spawn, drive the tanks directly into the first wall in spawn, and then get out! Anyone know if they're any better when they're set to a higher difficulty level?

Upvote 0
Maltodextrin said:
bind v-6-9 to an easy-to-access key, it's the voice command for get out, if memory serves. It'll help solve the mad bot driver problem.

lol, yeah, I have done that. Sends them right out of the tank (usually). Unfortunately, they jump right back in half the time.

Bots are alright as infantry, but they suck at driving tanks, and even as gunners, they usually just twirl around in the turrets, this is even with them set to an almost top experience setting.

Annoying yes, but since this is mostly a multiplayer game, I am not too worried about it. It would be nice if someone looked into it for a future patch release, say if a bot was ordered out of a tank, he wouldn't try to get in for a waiting period of 5 seconds. Same with driving, if he got in with a human player, he wouldn't try to drive unless ordered to, had a waiting period of 5 seconds, or he actually listened to the stop vehicle command.

Upvote 0
Yes. I dont mind bots so much when playing an infantry only map. But when it comes to tanks, bots that are on my side are as much the enemy as the enemy, in my book.

I can understand a server Admin wanting to attract players by making his/her/its server look busy. But damn its annoying.

Devs, either fix the AI or give us an option to prevent the bots from taking on tank rolls.

Thank you and have a nice day.
:)

Upvote 0
The bots go from weird to really impressive - every other minute.

I've had some tank battles that felt pretty real, with them, and then I've also had the guy trying to get in again after the tenth "get out" command.

Seems to me they also have problems using a tank when not fully crewed up - they will switch positions a lot and never get a shot off even if you're standing in front of them.

But still, playing with bots can be more tactical than some servers where "every man for himself" happens.

Upvote 0
I find setting them to their max difficulty/skill levels can make them hell (i noticed it makes them seemingly ridiculously accurate occasionally with some weapons but hey at least they shoot in the damn tanks/as infantry and are pretty good when u consider it on the lower levels). I find it annoying though (if fixing ai in any way is considered, i beg this to be fixed, its so annoying when theres a group of them swiveling their turrets), in every single vehicle with a gun (all of them), when they start firing 90% of the time they keep firing their cannon/mg until they either if their shooting the mg see a tank( on a second thought if they have to reload the mg they stop firing and dont do it again until they see a enemy unlike with the cannon), or with the cannon see infantry, they stop to shoot them and it brings up the other, or if they switch roles (i actually like them when their alone in tanks this way, they like to drive off instantly after they see no enemies) or get out. Other than that they can and on average (if u want to consider accuracy especially) are hell. I find myself on stalingrad kessel getting my ass shot off occasionally by an mp40 a good distance away by a bot who never sights the thing in. (I just know right now im talking too much, i rarely see anything this long.)

Upvote 0