• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra always opens in window

I actually did some searching yesterday - found another thread on this - lost this thread till now . . .

Anywho - whay they said was that this problem only happened when using a desktop shortcut with another window active. So, for now you could try starting RO from within Steam ('Games') or make sure no other windows are calling for window's attention.

Upvote 0
icu said:
I actually did some searching yesterday - found another thread on this - lost this thread till now . . .

Anywho - whay they said was that this problem only happened when using a desktop shortcut with another window active. So, for now you could try starting RO from within Steam ('Games') or make sure no other windows are calling for window's attention.

just installed it last night
bought it at best buy
same issues
i run it from steam
always have to go RE tick full screen in options.... it never saves it
:mad:

Upvote 0
Zetsumei said:
I thought most people liked this feature aswell. It saves the start as fullscreen just fine. But after starting up the game you start doing something else. It starts up windowed to let you finish what you were doing while it was starting up.

Just launch the game and don't press a single key anymore and it'll startup in fullscreen.

Thats what it is doing
I have nothing at all, except steam open
i click the ro icon, it starts, then the ro screen comes up and is not full screen
I have to go to options and check it EVERYTIME

yes in the ini file fullscren is set to true
its a bug
not me hitting key .... or doing something else

CS works fine
dod source works fine
hl2 dm works fine
all my steam games start full screen but RO

Upvote 0
3x3cut3d said:
launch the game from steam itself..not the desktop icon..if i launch game from desktop icon it always opens in a window..hope that helps:)
Same here, if I launch ROOST from a desktop shortcut it will be windowed every time, so I usualy just launch it from the steam window and it works fine. I didn't realy care about this before, but now when I try to launch the game using Xfire its windowed as well. Would be sweet if I could get it to launch in normal mode with Xfire so I could join my favorite servers, anyone know how to fix this?

Upvote 0